|This map game is now archived as an Inactive Map Game.|
"It is commonly stated that those who act first are often the ones to take power... that is true. But the age for capturing and territorial ownership comes to an end. Like the Scramble for Africa, like the colonisation wave that came before it, the world yet again teeters towards war... and like the world that came, before the bombs, before everything came to a screeching halt, we've forgotten that the greatest threat to mankind is mankind itself."
-John C. Baines, Professor of History, New Penascola University
- Be civil, please. No racial, homophobic or sexist slurs are allowed, and swear words should be limited to comments (though we would prefer you not use them entirely).
- Plausibility is key. You can’t just randomly decide to start with laser weapons in the bunker or annex some rump state in New England as Pakistan on the first turn or something stupid. Keep the stupidity dial down low. Implausibility will be met with a warning the first two times, the third time, it’s a 5 turn ban, do it again and it’s a permanent ban. The same applies to mods (if you’re going to volunteer to create turns and moderate implausibility, why would you create implausibility?).
- Mods, please don’t be biased. If anyone suspects a mod (or anyone, really) of bias, contact the Creator or other mods. Mod bias will be dealt with by a vote including the Creator, the Co-Creator, and all mods other than the mod accused of bias.
- The Creator and Co-Creator’s word goes above all else (the Creator and Co-Creator’s word has equal authority).
- If you are inactive for more than 6 turns, your nation will be removed from the player nations and your modship will be revoked as well (if applicable).
- If you would like to leave the game, please comment.
- If you choose to create a nation instead of playing the premade nations, you must detail the nation down in the comments. All created nations must have plausible backgrounds (don’t make a Cthullu-worshipping cult led by Ash Ketchum in upstate New York, that’s just dumb and I might possibly ban you), and preferably should start pretty small.
- Wars will be settled with an algorithm. Algorithm responses are the responsibility of the mods (although you could do your own algos if you wanted to, there’s nothing stopping you from doing so).
- You must have built up at least two years of tension with another nation for war to be declared.
- No nuclear weapons, period. The fragmented nations in this world don’t have anywhere near the capacity to produce nukes, and it’s not like they’re going to use them anyway, seeing as the previous society was destroyed by nukes. This rule may be subject to change.
- When integrating puppets/client states, you must keep in mind that: You must have had the puppet/client state for at least 10 years, and at least 80% of the people residing in the puppet/client state must hold a positive opinion of the parent nation. Integration lasts for 5 years and there is a heightened chance of rebellion during that time.
- During the first 5-10 turns, nations will have no knowledge of other nations on different continent. Don’t try to ally with a European nation in the first few turns if you’re in South America.
- Please don’t colonize like half of Germany in one turn. All colonization efforts need to be plausible, and detail the process of settlement somewhat. No huge land grabs, I’m restricting the amount you can expand in one turn to roughly the size of 3 or 4 mid-sized US counties. Also please don’t colonize chunks of the Middle East as a nation based in California. Keep your expansion somewhat regional and realistic.
- Breaking any of the Gameplay rules counts as an implausibility strike.
- Creator: Derpmaster
- Co-Creator/Head Mod: Solace
- Mod 1: Kuro
- Mod 2/Map Mod: Eledec
- Mod 3: AllianceScoutAiothai
- Mod 4: Beta
NOTE: The world map only represents nations that current players (depending on their respective locations in the world) can interact with for the time being.
- Democracy of Krymsky, now the State of Ukraine: Solace
- Federal Republic of Yucatan: Derpmaster
- Mayn: Beta
- Confederacy of Colinas, now the Californian Legion: Eledec
- Republic of Tokyo-Yokohama, now the United Republics of Honshu: Kuro
- Kingdom of Lower Egypt: Knight of Malta
- Switzerland: Lord Kemrii
- Republic of Ezo: Seiga
- Order of Azus: Ferdinand Jr 3
- Cascadian Confederation: AllianceScoutAiothai
- Nauru: Ya Boi Spacey
- New Republic of Nebraska President of China
- French Republic: Brenden4000
Irish Empire:Pirate Bob
- New Commonwealth Republic of Puerto Rico ugvendorji
Republic of Scotland:Fester
- Republic of Carolina: Insert Irreverent Meme here
- New Florida Republic: Epicly globally blocked by FANDOM again .-.
- New York Republic: Warrior
- Manila State: Marschiert en Fienedesland!!
- New Russian Federation: Lieutenant Elizabeth
Pit of Death
- Lonixdron, formerly playing the New Florida Republic, banned from the wiki in general for alting and threats
- Overestimation or Lonixdron, formerly playing the New Florida Republic, globalled for god knows what reason
- Fester96, formerly playing the Republic of Scotland, left voluntarily.
- Turtle, banned for refusing to become wiki leader. We’ll miss you, Lord General Pirate Bob...
The Slavic Horde begins incessantly attacking the western German territories, sacking Königsberg, Danzig, Stettin, Posen, Dresden and Berlin in the process.
The Swiss-Italian and Swiss-French borders become much like the pre-war DMZ.
US troops approach the Legion, to find Legion soldiers prepared to fight. They are pretty evenly matched, with the Legion making up for its inferior technology with sheer numbers.
Trans-Pacific trade routes are firmly established, making for easy trade and contact between Asia and the Americas. Meanwhile, trans-Atlantic trade routes are beginning to be set up, with the Portuguese reclamation of Madeira and the Azores, as well as Irish colonization of Bermuda facilitating trade between Europe and the Americas. Global trade has resurged.
Corporate society has re-emerged, mainly in North America but also in other places such as Japan, with nations such as Nebraska and Yucatan having already built office blocks and malls to accomodate corporations.
Rumors of pre-war nations surviving intact in sub-Saharan Africa have emerged following the French expedition to Algeria.
- Republic of Ezo: A few railways lines begin to be refurbished and repaired as part of the plans to restart JR Hokkaido. All railway lines that pass near or previously went through the areas of Hakodate, Sapporo, and Tomakomai are left alone. Meanwhile cars, mainly hybrids and electrics begin to salvaged as plans to also resurrect the roadway system is underway. [Mod Response] Meanwhile a few settlements are established on Urup, as plans for expansion are made. In the meantime, any aircraft found there are to be scrapped and reused for other things. Meanwhile the government offers all the Russian nations that were discovered on the coasts of Primorsky Krai a trade agreement. [Mod Response] A census for population also takes place this year. [Mod Response]
- Mod Response: With little to no resources or ability to find resources, the nations easily accept. The hybrid and electric vehicles are easily salvaged, but where the materials for mass production will come from are still in contention. The census returns 467,369, although immigration makes accurate counts more difficult.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: The re-emergence of corporatism forces us to begin consumer-friendly and wage regulations to prevent an influx of predatory businesses from elsewhere and within the country. The TYSDF is sent to occupy and integrate Numazu and Kofu or otherwise greet organised nations there [Mod Response Needed]. We continue to clamour for foreign talent as we set up the new educational system to accomodate the growing populations - European, Japanese, Taiwanese and American - but we continue to insist on the mandatory language being Japanese. The Mirai and Nobita are sent their first ever ammo shipments, and the diet agrees to build twenty-five more ships - ten corvettes, ten destroyers, three helicopter defence ships and two aircraft carriers over the next two decades. Commercialisation of the Type 63 in a civilian form is considered as its revised form - the T63A1 - begins to be rolled out. The National Public Safety Commission is set up to begin policing criminal activity within the country as well. In more frivolous news, the TYSDF continues the tradition of the former JSDF of having a well-trained orchestra - and at a public show attended by soon-to-be-former Prime Minister Misato, in Tsukuba, the TYSDF Marching Band plays a collection of anime songs, from the 1994 classic A Cruel Angel's Thesis to the 2003 hit God Knows.
- Mod Response: Numazu and Kofu are mostly deserted save for small bands of people, and are quickly annexed into Tokyo-Yokohama.
- Florida: Murphy continues to expand life qualities, as the Vice President is concerned about the ongoing betrayal of Switzerland and France. Emma Kony sends 10 ships to the Mediterranean Sea to resolve the conflict. We trek through the wilderness of the vast terrain and we reached the borderline. [Secret] Since no one knows, we are sending supplies to Switzerland, as well as ground forces to stop the French hostility towards Switzerland and his incumbent allies [/Secret]. Meanwhile in the main Florida land, Stephanie Murphy sends out the elite generals to expand more south towards Ocala to scout the area for potential civilians [Mod Response]. A team of 600 builders help the Yucatan build the Bank of Yucatan in Tallahasse.
- Mod Response: The generals of Florida are heavily protected but find almost nothing in the former state of Florida. What do remain are isolated Cuban communities, both the descendants of escapees during the time of Fidel Castro and refugees from Cuba seeking safety they did not find in their homeland. Both Orlando and Tampa are largely populated by this group. They receive the group warmly.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Though no military action is currently being undertaken to calm tensions in the region, the Swiss Government is genuinely grateful for Florida's assistance.
- Ukraine: In response to simply having too much power in his position and directing the military in terrible ways, the Krymskyan military corps overthrows the monarchy, installing a military dictatorship over the states of Abkhazia, Kiev, Crimea, and Moldova. With this new dictatorship is established and the state becoming a large military fortress, much of the resources of the state are moved towards advancing the military and re-creating/fixing much of the advanced weaponry of the late 2030's. With this, the Trojan Mark II set of armor is established, produced, and distributed to 25,000 members of Ukraine's army. With this, the newly created 1st Siege Army is created, meant to be sent into large capital cities and successfully siege them down with little effort and minimal casualties. The 1st Regional Army is created, composed of 70,000 conscripted and brutally trained soldiers. With abilities to successfully scavenge when far away from home, their terrain is what created them able to stand anything that comes. Artillery units are worked on, as well as major urbanization of Crimea and the creation of strategic forts in Crimea and Kiev. The navy, consisting of 5 Crimea-class ships, is expanded to include 30 new Kiev-class and information regarding the creation of Sovetsky Soyuz-class Battleships are found and worked on.
- New Republic of Nebraska: Despite not being part of the prosperous trade belts, our economy improves from the retail industry's post-apocalypse rise and the beginning return of financial businesses and industries. New local companies begin to emerge- these are Rafaela's, a women's clothing seller, Bella's Fruits, a fresh produce retailer and Bacon Meals, a discount fast food chain. A clothing factory is opened in Papillion, making garments and textiles using salvaged and repaired machinery, as well as silk screen techniques. The Nebraskan Transport Department is founded, and is responsible for managing the Omaha-Lincoln BRT, the state roads and also has started the complete renaming of all streets and avenues. A census, including the age and ethnicity of the citizens, is conducted. [Mod Response]
- Mod Response: The census returns 2.43 million people, most of which live in urban areas. The largest age group is the 11-16 age group at 21%, while the majority of citizens are White American at 74% with 16% African-American and 10% other minorities.
- Lower Egypt: The conquered city states are integrated into the kingdom politically and economically, which is made easier by the fact that they were already trading with Cairo for several years. In response to the groups raiding the cities from the desert, the 14,000 troops of Royal Egyptian Army is put on high alert. Besides that, Prime Minister Admiral al-Kaylani establishes a new Egyptian Home Guard, which is a militia consisting of conscripted men aged 15–65. They are armed with surplus weapons, lighter than the regular army. These new forces are used for patrol and security in cities. So far, the government decided not to wage any campaigns into the desert but respond defensively to attacks when they occur. Meanwhile, sea trade continues to increase on the Red Sea coast and the Suez region is further developed.
- Switzerland: All troops are ordered to only act defensively. Meanwhile, the National Redoubt is brought back into being and monthly air raid drills are held and the citizenry is educated on war-time preparation. Many bunkers are brought back into being. In an interesting development, many people have begun reinventing their bunkers and making them a part of their current lives - no doubt this will help them adjust easier should living in a bunker be necessary. Meanwhile, trade continues in the Mediterranean and diplomats sent to Northern France have successfully secured passage for Swiss goods to the English Channel and to the Atlantic. Meanwhile, diplomatic envoys are sent to Southern Italy, Spain, Algeria, and Morocco to seek new alliances with successor states. [Mod Response]
- Mod Response: The states of Naples and Sicily in southern Italy, Granada-Tangiers in southern Spain and northern Morocco, and the Imamate of Tlemcen in Algeria agree to an alliance with Switzerland.
- New French Republic: We wish to ally with Italy, as Switzerland has become too hostile for Europe. [Mod Response Needed]. Our soldiers sent westward and northward for exploration and expansion arrive at their destinations [Mod Response Needed]. Our troops and diplomats in Algeria wish to meet with the leaders of the two responsive factions. [Mod Response Needed]. We continue to expand and fortify our, forts. We continue re-arming our air force. Our industrial plans go underway, and we continue our trade with the Nations of the French Commonwealth, as well as through the New Silk Road.
- Mod Response: The Italian states agree to the alliance. The French troops sent westward and northward have little to no resistance to the people already there. In Algeria, only one of the two factions, Algiers, responds warmly, with the other faction, the Imamate of Tlemcen being aligned with the Swiss. Algiers requests an alliance with France, as they and Tlemcen are major rivals, and Algiers sees the Frech-Swiss feud as an opportunity to take out Tlemcen once and for all should war break out between the two.
- Yucatan: With the Chiapas-Kiche Autonomous Region established, we begin to establish law and order in the new territories. The town of Parédon, the only settlement on the Pacific coast we managed to capture, is designated as a free port, where trans-Pacific trade can reach our coasts and freely trade with minimal taxes and tariffs. In order to better connect the new territories with the heartland of Yucatan, construction of the Tehuantepec Bikeway begins, running between Parédon and Campeche, and connecting with the Coastal Bikeway and the rest of Yucatan’s bicycle infrastructure. Welfare is implemented in Yucatan, with free food, power, water and healthcare granted to those making less than 300 Yucatec pesos per month. With the Yucatec-Floridian-Puerto Rican intranet being nearly completely established, Intranet test runs are given to major corporations. Basic amenities have been restored to pretty much all of the Yucatan heartland, and powering efforts begin in the Chiapas-Kiche Autonomous Province.
The Slavic Horde begins rampaging throughout Germany, slaughtering everything that moves and pillaging entire cities, burning them to the ground. Masses of refugees turn up in Switzerland, France, and Norway.
The American-California Legion war is at a stalemate. Meanwhile, American troops push into Northern California.
The war in Virginia comes to a close, with status quo ante bellum agreed upon.
French troops make contact with envoys from the surviving Algerian government, now based in Tamanrasset, in the middle of the Sahara. From the information they have gathered, the pre-war Algerian government controls a huge amount of territory in the Sahel. From these reports, an image of a mostly intact Africa appears, with many pre-war governments surviving, but weakened with tribal uprisings, warfare and famine,
The Irish and Portuguese establish trade posts in North America, near Norfolk, VA and Wilmington, NC respectively.
- Republic of Ezo: Elections are held this year with Honami Funakoshi from the Democratic Party for the People becoming president, succeeding Akari Kobayashi. Meanwhile a Russian Orthodox Church begins construction in Asahikawa which will also serve as the headquarters of the newly established Ezo Orthodox Church. The government, in order to better connect with the world outside North East Asia, begins an effort to resurrect air travel; with the Tokachi–Obihiro Airport undergoing reservation and a planned reopening in 2075. In the meantime, an effort to salvage planes begins. [Mod Response] As corporatism sees a slight revival in Ezo, several laws and regulations are passed in the government that limits the powers of corporations; and also bans bribes, especially towards government officials. Iturup island is fully annexed into Ezo as well.
- Mod Response: The effort to salvage planes is a mixed bag. Without many aircraft industry engineers or insiders, the planes' exteriors are successfully salvaged, but many of their engines are unable to be fixed without assistance from foreign workers.
- Florida: Elections for the president start this year with the Democratic candidate Sandra Monica (Age: 26) and the Republican candidate Marcus Haudden (Age: 32) [Mod Response for Elections]. Meanwhile, the troops built stationed forts across the European land area, and we build our strength there incase a France - Switzerland war begins. The Floridian diplomacy expresses satisfaction at the work of restoring the intranet. The government asks Ezo if they need help in building there Orthodox Church in agreement for 5 unscathed fighter jets the generals built in 2063 [Ezo Response]. While all that is happening, Emma Kony is concerned about France, and the actions of the nation. The Vice President wants to organize a meeting with France about these actions [France Response].
- French Diplomacy: We agree, and President Boulet attends the meeting himself.
- Republic of Ezo diplomacy: The government accepts.
- Mod Response: Monica, promising peace and stability through similarly peaceful means, wins by a landslide.
- Ukraine: The military dictatorship remains intact as the culture becomes more death oriented following a mass purge of major political opponents and figures of democracy. With the professional army of 25,000 being armed to the teeth and having major endurance training and other perfected war technique, war is declared on the city state of Bulgaria in hopes of humiliation, setting an example, and gaining a major trade on the Black Sea coast. With this, 5,000 1st Siege Army soldiers are snuck into the city, and within a matter of hours, begin sieging the entire city. Assisted by 4 Crimea-class battleships that rain hellfire upon the city, 25,000 soldiers of the 1st Regional Army begin an invasion from the north after being deployed on the coast nearby, making a journey from the north into Bulgaria's northern territory [Mod Response].
- Mod Response: Bulgaria surrenders, although fierce resistance from the local population makes occupying the country very hard.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: The infighting reported from Europe worries us, as we appeal to Switzerland and France to seek peace in spite of their differences. The newly completed Ibuki, a Hyuga-class helicopter destroyer, as well as two corvettes, the Abukuma-class Soryu and Ayanami, are immediately put into service as part of the four-ship party being sent to Taiwan to finish the civil war and bring and end to the carnage that continues to govern the island. They are equipped with fifteen aircraft - F4 Phantoms, both new ones made with the help of American and European engineers and the refurbished ones. The Ministerial elections are held, and with it, Prime Minister Misato's 12-year government is brought to an end. Her successor, Kyonosuke Suzumiya of the Liberal Democratic Party, pledges an interventionist policy plan which entails bringing an end to the wars in the region - most notably the Taiwanese - as well as rapid economic and military expansion to allow for greater stability. The schedule for the aircraft and ships is sped up drastically as we ask for civilian ships to assist in logistical challenges faced by the TYNSDF. Prime Minister Suzumiya (or as more commonly referred to, 'Kyon') forces ahead a military agenda as well as economic and labour reforms. The government states that the first ships and aircraft will be sent to Taiwan in June 2073. Meanwhile, two curious competitors emerge in a new battle for cultural dominance of Tokyo-Yokohama - the Traditionalist Shiro Takahashi, who argues that Japan should learn from its history and expand to the world in a peaceful manner; and the Liberal Asuka Shikinami, who argues that Japan can take the place of the former United States of America in leading a new peace for the region, bringing political and economic stability to East Asia. To that end, she supports annexing the surrounding countries and bringing Honshu under control of Tokyo-Yokohama. It is widely speculated that these two, which have forced local news networks to cover them weeks at a time, dominating the new cycle, plan to compete for the Prime Minister position very soon.
- Cascadia: Concerned by "American" aggression, we airdrop supplies to our Legion allies and fortify our southern borders. We make a very public statement that any enemies of such "imperialist barbarians" are friends of Cascadia. Plans to further colonize Northern Washington are postponed until the late 2070s by newly elected President, and Socialist hardliner Emily Martinez.
- Lower Egypt: The military secures the conquered city states and martial law is in place there. The integration process begins. Additional troops are used to provide security to the kingdom from the raiders. Trade from the Red Sea and the roads connecting the Nile to the Levant continues to increase.
- French Republic: The year starts off well, beginning with accepting an alliance with Algiers. The French population welcome refugees with open arms. They will help us greatly with our economy and military. The newly expanded territories to the west see new factories being constructed, and the people their are offered jobs in the factories. These factories will build tanks, weapons, ammo, and other things. Not only for our own benefit, but to trade on the Silk Road. (That's right, France is becoming an arms dealer). Our ground forces carry forward with their expansions. Reaching 7,000 soldiers, and our air force achieves the goal of 150 active air craft. The military expansion are only for defense is someone attacks. In referendum, 76.4% of our population vote to stay neutral unless national security is at immediate risk. However, the does not include aiding and funding allies. This also does not include arms dealing to people that probably shouldn't have weapons.
- Switzerland: The Consul of Switzerland is deeply grateful for the alliances with Naples, Sicily, Tlemcen, and Granada-Tangiers. The DoD holds talks with Granada-Tangiers to discuss the possibility of joint defence exercises and a Swiss base in Gibraltar. [Mod Response] At the same time, Switzerland declares its full support for Tlemcen and will protect them should their sovereignty be threatened. Meanwhile, a diplomatic envoy is sent to Tunisia. [Mod Response] Back home, the DoD and DoS&T have completed research and development into UAVs and UNVs with two models of UNVs currently in production. Based on the principles of low-cost and scale, the smaller model is the size of a lorry and is equipped with a large assortment (there is ample on board storage thanks to the lack of crew quarters and life support) of conventional torpedo weaponry as well as two cannons/guns. The craft is operated at optimum by three sailors (a pilot/torpedo master, and two gunners) from a control room in the naval base (think Ender's Game but not nearly as technologically sophisticated) but can be operated by two sailors if necessary. The larger UNV model is about the size of a standard LCS. It has much the same capabilities as a conventional LCS but is unmanned and therefore as a lot more internal automation and ammunition storage space. Unfortunately, larger UNVs are not yet possible so the Swiss Navy is mainly defensive (due to the limited number of manned large ships) and transport oriented. Over on the UAV side of things, three models of UAVs have entered production. The first and smallest is only the size of a small car but is in fact a suicide bomber that holds vast amounts of explosive power. An even smaller variant only the size of a desk is being employed in swarms as a form of anti-air defence. The medium sized model is the size of a truck and focuses mainly on light attacks and aerial dogfights and is equipped with powerful cannons and a light array of surface-to-surface missiles. The largest UAV model currently in service alongside more conventional planes is the size of a bomber and unsurprisingly engages in traditional bombing runs with extra large storage bays. Note: there are other simpler form sof UAVs already previously in service including reconnaissance drones and Ground Troop Aerial Observation (GTAO) drones that assist ground troops when on campaign by providing aerial coverage of the battlefield. Technology is currently being developed (though it is xpected to take a while) to combine this with a form of augmented reality goggles for troops. Last but not least, military personnel are sent to the Austrian Eastern border to help beat back the Slavic Horde.
- Mod Response: The small nation of Gibraltar (which still claims to be under the British crown) willingly gives Swiss forces the permission to begin building a naval base on the nation's land. The envoy sent to Tunisia is greeted with respect, and Tunisia, still in relative peace due to its location relative to the Sea, asks for help with defending its southern borders from chaos.
- Yucatan: The Yucatec-Floridian-Puerto Rican internet goes live, and almost immediately, small chat boards and corporate websites begin to be set up. The Yucatec government also begins posting some information online. As of December 2072, this internet has 127 sites. A government-run Internet Service Provider, Yucanet, is set up. Meanwhile, the Mall of Yucatan is being expanded to accomodate more businesses, and 2 other malls, in Mérida and Chetumal, are planned to open by 2075. Supplying of basic services to the new territories continues, as does the expansion of the Bikeway system, and the tram systems in urban areas. We also seek to start an exchange student program with Florida [PLAYER RESPONSE NEEDED]. Trade deals with the Japanese nations are also being negotiated PLAYER RESPONSE MEEDED].
- Floridian Diplomacy: The offer of the student program was accepted by Sandra Monica, and approved by the Vice President and the legislature branch.
The Slavic Horde continues its rampage in Germany, and begins to enter Denmark and the Benelux region. However, military force prevents it from going south and coming after the Swiss and French for the time being. Tales of the Slavs slaughtering the entire populations of towns indiscriminately, lining entire communities up in a line and firing machine guns into them, and burning entire towns out of existence circulates worldwide.
The United States has secured most of California apart from the Legion, which still stands as a symbol to the independent nations of America of resistance.
The city-states of eastern Russia coalesce into the Amurian Confederation, with its capital in Terney. Heavily influenced by the Japanese states, especially Ezo, the nation proves useful for projecting Japanese influence onto mainland Asia.
Envoys from pre-war nations in West Africa, including Senegal, Liberia, Ghana and Cameroon, as well as other, newer nations, such as the Tuareg Confederacy, Futa Jallon and Hausaland reach France and Switzerland by way of Algeria and Tunisia. They remain neutral in the conflict between the two.
France and Switzerland begin assembling power blocs, much like the US and Soviet Union 100 years ago during the Cold War.
- Florida: Sandra Monica inaugurated as president last year, and is working with the Yucatan to exchange the student program, as well as helping Ezo building the Russian Orthodox church. As promised earlier, Monica sends the 5 fighter jets to Ezo for the cooperation. The city of New Pensacola is almost finished, as the builders need to install schools and healthcare programs there. Meanwhile, the Vice President is in a meeting with France, about the recent actions the French president ordered through out the past few years. The Floridian economy is becoming robust, which means the economy is growing from those trade deals with the Yucatan and other nations. The diplomacy sincerely hopes that the world can have global peace. The diplomats contact Tokyo-Yokohama for a non-aggression pact and a peace keeping alliance [Player/Mod Response (Tokyo-Yokohama)]. The government tries to end the tensions of France and Switzerland with reconciliation about the issues of the Italian wall, even if no action is being taken or war is happening, the tensions want to be solved peacefully and calmly. The diplomats ask Switzerland and France to visit Florida to work a deal out [France and Switzerland Response]
- Tokyo-Yokohama Diplomacy: We accept the Floridan Republic's offer and hope for better and closer relations in the future.
- Swiss Dip: Switzerland is happy to attend the peace conference.
- French Diplomacy: We attend the peace conference.
- Egypt: Having expanded to control most of the Nile city-states, His Majesty Farouk III changes the name of his realm to Kingdom of Egypt. There are still other territories to be reclaimed, but the most economically productive regions are under the kingdom's control. The economy is well developed from trade and the contact with the New Silk Road through Sinai and the Levant, along with sea trade through the Red Sea and Suez, has contributed to economic growth. Cairo and Giza are restored as functioning cities, but with worse technology. Having established contact to the east, the Egyptians send out traders to the west to see if there are any other African nations to trade with. [Mod Response]
- Mod Response: Crossing the harsh, deadly desert, traders only find some Orthodox states in Libya established by Greek refugees. Locals there tell of the tribal states in Algeria, with two main and powerful ones.
- Republic of Ezo: The government recognises the newly formed Amurian Confederation, and congratulates them on their unification. The government continues strengthening ties and trade with them; along with declaring support for them. With the arrival of the five fighter jets from Florida; the Air Force branch of the Ezo Armed Forces begins plans towards establishment, but with no other planes to train pilots with, the establishment is held off. In the meantime, the Tokachi Airfield in Obihiro is established for the base of operations of the soon to be established Ezo Air Force; and the fighter jets are sent there. Although still without both an open airport as well as no working commercial planes at the moment; the government offers to establish diplomatic ties as well as a trade agreement to Florida. [Player Response] Expansion begins further on Urup; along with the continued salvaging of destroyed planes on the island. The government passes further laws, banning any corporations from having any participation in the government.
- Floridian Diplomacy: The government accepts.
- The Legion: Exploiting the United States's extreme overextension (a result of capturing literally most of California in a few years), groups loyal to the Legion and independence from the former government are sponsored in Central Valley and up the winding coast SECRETLY. [Mod Response] A mandatory draft is put in place for all 18-26 year olds, and mothballed forts along the northern flank are once again put back into operation. In order to secure the future of the Legion, we begun heavy expansion to the south, from our FOBs in Indio and Temecula. Towns from Temecula and Escondido are to be annexed, first peacefully, and by force if necessary. [Mod Response] The Legion justifies this as keeping peace in the region and protecting them from the US government. The previously meager navy gets a huge boost in budget, and regular patrols begin around the Channel Islands, scanning up and down all the way to San Diego. Trade is to be continued, but only with states from former Nevada, Arizona, and Mexico (minus Baja California). Meanwhile, engineers have brought electricity back to most military operations.
- Mod Response: The towns quickly submit to Legion control, with few exceptions; those that refuse pledge either neutrality or allegiance to the United States.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: Three helicopter destroyers, the Saitama, Kawasaki and Tsukuba are completed, while five corvettes accompany them into service. Protests in support of the two firebrands, Shinikami and Takahashi, erupt into riots in parts of the country, which are quickly quelled by the Police force, but this shows the dangerous power both figures wield over the country's populace. A further thirteen aircraft (seven helicopters and six fighter jets) are put onto the craft as the 1st Hybrid Division of 15,000 strong set off towards Taiwan, largely supported by both Shinikami's and Takahashi's supporters, in hopes of ending the civil war and making a peace between the sides [Mod Response Needed]. We send an offer to Florida to open embassies between both our countries [Floridan Player Response Needed]. The third and final consolidatory elections are held, opening up an extra twenty-five seats and bringing the total members of the Diet to 160. Three of the ports are finally completed, opening up to all nations regardless of origin.
- Floridian Diplomacy: The government accepts the proposal from Tokyo-Yokohama.
- Mod Response: The Taiwanese forces agree to a ceasefire.
- Ukraine: War with Bulgaria results in victory (algo soon). The victory is celebrated nationwide, as decades and centuries old champagne is popped with the new victory in the Balkans and the massive expansion. Led by General Ivan Makarenko, the victory see's the incorporation of the city-state into the collective Imperial Ukraine Federation. The state remains heavily under military occupation.
- Republic of Carolina: The Raider Gangs are finally defeated and President Carr makes a inspiring speech, "if you wanna stop anything, you can! if you wanna get rid of anything, you can! unless if it's something good of course." Many people start moving back into rural areas, fixing the problem with overpopulation.
- Cascadia: Our military now numbers 140,000 active duty personnel. We offer to send 1,000 of them to assist the Legion (Legion response needed). We begin work on new tanks and aircraft.
Military forces in Austria continue to beat back Slavic Barbarians from the central and Western regions of Austria. Unfortunately, much of the Eastern non-Mountainous parts of Austria have been lost as the Horde has superior numbers.The mountains prove to be strong defences however, and a combination of Swiss and Austrian forces have fortified the Austrian Alps and refugees that are pouring in are settled here. Meanwhile, Swiss forces are unable to assist German forces due to the unreasonable dislike of the Germans towards Switzerland but offers are being made to Denmark and Slovenia if they would like Swiss air support against the Slavs. [Mod Responses] Meanwhile, the Swiss Consul proposes a direct line of communication between the Swiss Consul and the French President to prevent any unnecessary or accidental escalation of tensions. [Player Response] In other news, the naval base in Gibraltar is under construction and Switzerland has vowed to protect Gibraltar from any potential attack. Meanwhile, forces are being deployed to Tunisia to honour the Swiss promise to help them fight off invaders in the South. A small military base is constructed just outside Jendouba, and a small naval base is constructed on the Galite Islands. The number of troops dispatched to Tunisia is small however, as the bulk of the forces dispatched are UAVs to provide air support as well as Swiss military commanders, training staff, strategists, and tacticians to aid local forces.
- Mod Response: Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that the mod or the algo determines how well you are doing at war. Nevertheless, the Slavs, accustomed to flat, easy, terrain, find the mountainous terrain more difficult, especially with Swiss defenses, however they appear to simply maneuver around western Austria, and capture and pillage cities in Bavaria and southern Germany. Denmark and Slovenia accept, however this strains Swiss air forces, and their effectiveness is diminished.
- Yucatan:Election year is upon us again, and President Ramón Castro is highly expected to win the election by a landslide, as the economic and social reforms implemented by him have gained much traction among the people, and the outward expansion of the nation, as well as new trade deals with other nations and the establishment of an internet of sorts have been attributed to his pougiong foreign policy. The only challenger who even stands any sort of minuscule chance of besting him in the elections is Nicolás Tepanchulo, who is basically a more radical version of Castro, and describes himself as a Marxist and a Communist. The polls stand at 78% in favor of Castro, 17% in favor of Tepanchulo, and 5% in favor of other candidates or abstaining [MOD RESPONSE NEEDED]. Expansions to the Mall of Yucatan finish, doubling its size. The Chiapas Bikeway is finished, connecting the new territories to the Yucatec heartland. Around 50% of the new territories have been supplied with utilities, with the rest of these areas projected to be fully supplied by 2075. With the onset of the new “Gulfnet”, as the Yucatan-Florida-Puerto Rico intranet has become known as, the amount of websites has increased to 1033, and more people are beginning to use the Internet. A Wikipedia-like site and a few very primitive gaming sites have been set up, along with more message boards, corporate websites, and government websites. We ask all nations in the Carribean and Gulf coast of the former US and Mexico (with special attention given to Texas, the Syndicate of Mexico, and New France) to join the Gulfnet endeavor, for better connectivity with each other and better facilitation of trade [MOD RESPONSE NEEDED]. In other news, Yucatan remains neutral on the French-Swiss situation.
- Filling in for Mod Response: Castro wins the election; and all nations asked accept the offer.
The Maghrebi and West African nations come into contact with Lower Egypt and begin making trade deals for access to the New Silk Road and the resurgent global trade network, As a result, Lower Egypt experiences an economic boom similar to the one in Japan a few years ago.
The Slavic Horde pushes into Denmark and the Benelux after laying waste to Germany. The German Federation collapses, and is annexed into the Slavic Horde. Purges of remaining Germans begin, with the Slavs hell-bent on their destruction. Poles, Czechs, and Byelorussians also begin moving into eastern Germany, in a sort of reverse Lebensraum.
The expansion of the United States is limited to northern California, after being countered from both sides by powerful nations. A stalemate is reached.
With the establishment of the Gulfnet, technology has begun to reach pre-war levels. Although no real tech giants have been created as of yet, startup internet companies have been setting up shop in Yucatan and Florida.
The Amurian Confederation begins expanding along the coast, reaching as far as the Tumen River. Meanwhile, the Union of Korea is formed, and is immediately heavily supported by the People’s Federation of China. The PFC begins forming transcontinental alliance chains, establishing an alliance with the Syndicate of Mexico.
- Florida: [During the meeting] The meeting is about the real tensions between the Swiss and the French about the border wars. The government asks for a compromise to end these harsh relations that would exasperate one another, [French and Swiss Response], [End Meeting]. Sandra Monica, once again trying to solve harsh tensions, by trying to convince the United States to stop expanding to Californian territory for the needs of global peace to be achieved [Either Mod or United States Response]. The government asks Tokyo-Yokohama, The Yucatan, and the Republic of Ezo if they want to start a peace keeping alliance to protect the nations and to spread global peace [Yucatan, Ezo, and Tokyo-Yokohama Response]. The city of New Pensacola is finally finished, and as elegant as possible for a city. The government continues to expand more life qualities, trying to continue to make peace and expandable healthcare for the average citizen and immigrant. The government wants to start to recreate the United Nations, to keep peace around the world [All Players Response and Mod Response for non played nations]
- Mod Response:The US declines, saying that “before we even think about peace all of our former territories should be under our rule, and that includes you”. A few nations, mainly on major New Silk Road trade routes, agree to this proposition, but the rest ignore or even downright refuse to re-create the United Nations.
- Republic of Ezo Diplomacy: Declines to both; and mentions that there is no good for a United Nations and points out their uselessness, especially in unsuccessfully preventing the large war that happened years ago.
- Tokyo-Yokohama Diplomacy: We counter-propose a peace-keeping alliance led by both our countries and more, called the Trans-Pacific Peace Pact, so as to facilitate trade and peaceful relations in the region and beyond.
- French Diplomacy: We only wish for Switzerland to abandon their imperialistic tendencies when it comes to foreign policy. We laugh at the concept of a new United Nations as the former organisation was heavily flawed.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Switzerland is glad to cooperate with France and reiterates its policy of non-imperialism.
- Yucatec Diplomacy: We agree to the alliance.
- Egypt: As the economy continues to boom, the King authorises more exploration expeditions and settlements. The Nile city-states are being connected by north-south railroad networks. The Suez port and the Canal are being developed further, but settlers are sent east into the desert between the Nile and the Red Sea coast. Port Said and other towns in the region are re-settled, initially by small groups. This is to increase the kingdom's territorial control. King Farouk accepts the resignation of Prime Minister Admiral al-Kaylani, replacing him with Colonel Iskander al-Hashimi as head of government. The Egyptian Army General Staff studies the result of the previous war with the city states for strategy and tactics. The army increases to 25,000 men.
- Republic of Ezo: One-third of the railway line from Asahikawa to Wakkanai is repaired; with planned opening by early 2078. A settlement is established at the other end of Urup island as expansion continues further; and the entire island is claimed. With the plane engines unable to be fixed, the planes are left alone for now. As reservations for Tokachi–Obihiro Airport are nearing completion; the planned reopening for next year is not delayed; as the government will allow any foreign planes to stop and pass by. Signs in Russian begin to be added alongside the Ainu and Japanese signs in Wakkanai and Asahikawa.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: 15 people die in Tsukuba riots incited by supporters of the dual firebrands, forcing Prime Minister Suzumiya to call a snap election for Prime Minister between him, Takahashi and Shinikami. He loses narrowly despite running on a campaign of having achieved peace in Taiwan, achieving only 34% of the vote between the three candidates, while Shinikami, with 39%, ends his cabinet with a shock win running on expansion and nationalist rhetoric. Shinikami sets about putting into place a new foreign policy; sending offers to Switzerland, the Californian Legion and the Union of Korea to open embassies in each others' nations [Mod Response/ Swiss and Californian Player Responses Needed]. She directs the TYSDF to expand southwards and northwards, breaking the terms of the Japanese Union, and sends troops into the territory of other Honshu nations close to Tokyo-Yokohama, demanding immediate integration (although with the same benefits that the Tsukuba deal originally offered) with one hundred Type 10 tanks, another hundred Light Infantry Vehicles and almost the full might of the remaining TYSDF (38,000 men) [Mod Response]. We reassure Taiwanese nations that we still support the ceasefire, and Prime Minister Shinikami travels to Taiwan to negotiate an official peace between the countries of Taiwan [Mod Response Needed]. The status quo continues for foreign relations with the nations of the world, except for the State of Krymsky, whom we strongly criticise. The Diet becomes deadlocked as competing parties support differing figures, although a majority of Diet members still support Suzumiya.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Switzerland is happy to increase diplomatic relations and agrees to the proposal of embassies in each other's countries.
- Mod Response: The Union of Korea agrees to open embassies in Tokyo-Yokohama, and vice versa. The nations of Taiwan agree to go back to the status quo ante bellum.
- French Republic: In the election, four candidates all compete, but one comes out on top. Tania Popelin wins 54.7% of all votes. As her first act, President Popelin redirects military officials to focus on the Slavic Horde, preparing defenses. Our troop count is once again increased by 5,000, a massive increase, but national security is beginning to be more and more of a risk. We wish to fix broken ties with Switzerland officially, apologizing for everything we've done, and we invite them to build an embassy in New Paris. [Player Response Needed].
- Swiss Diplomacy: Switzerland is more than happy to build and embassy in New Paris and apologises for Swiss mistakes. The Consul also inquires about possible joint defence line against the Slavs. [Player Response]
- French Diplomacy: We'd love to join the Swiss in any attempts to wipe out the Slavic Horde.
- Nebraska: The list of states are finalized, including St. Joseph, North Kansas, Grand Island, Omaha, and Sioux, as well as the district of Lincoln. Meanwhile, a ferris wheel and carousel in Omaha is successfully re-activated, becoming the first post-war amusement attraction to be in operational. The refurbished National Museum is opened, containing old paintings as well as pre-war items like a French-style loveseat, several surviving drawings and surviving political posters.
- Switzerland: The Department of Science & Technology announces the conclusion of research and development of sound-based weaponry. The way it functions is as follows: A high-amplitude wave of sound is generated in a controlled beam about half a metre wide by large mounted guns. The sound waves are capable of destroying concrete but more importantly, the amplitude is so great that it can cause vehicles to vibrate to the point that they fall apart (if within deadly range of about 500m in air and 800m in water) and humans simply turn to jelly (not literally but the human body simply cannot withstand the pressure and rips apart). These weapons are deployed alongside conventional artillery and machine guns along the Northern border with Germany, in preparation for a Slavic advance on the Swiss North Alps. Swiss military operations are consistently carried out in the valley on the German side of the mountains to sabotage factories, military, and infrastructure of the Slavs in former Germany. [Secret] Swiss High Command begins debating the ethical implications of using chemical weapons in a potential full-scale war with the Slavs. [/Secret] Meanwhile, National Dedoubt continues and every male and female citizen above 18 is armed and trained for defence.
- Yucatan: With more nations joining the Gulfnet project, the amount of Internet sites increases to around 9000. The new malls are completed, and electricty has been supplied to 75% of the population of the Chiapas Autonomous Province. A plan of urban renewal has been put in place in cities like Cancun, Merida, Campeche and Chetumal, with the goal of eradicating all slums and housing the people in housing adequate for their needs by 2080. Cancun International Airport begins being refurbished, with it expected to be reopened by 2080 at the latest.
The Slavic Horde is stalled in its western and southern borders by Swiss and French coalitions, however, it manages to overrun Denmark and is now heading into southern Sweden. Slavic incursions into the Balkans and Hungary also begin.
The United States begins aggressively expanding into Nevada, to the east, but the northern and southern fronts remain in a stalemate.
Border disputes between the Amurian Confederation and the Union of Korea over the northeastern portion of former North Korea spiral out of control, starting a war. A proxy war between some of the major powers of the region, namely the Japanese states and the People’s Federation of China, could be brewing on the horizon, as PFC troops have already joined up with Korean militias, and Amuria has requested Japanese aid in the war.
The Silk Road city-states all agree to form an alliance, to stabilize the New Silk Road and protect Eurasian trade, their lifeblood. An endeavor to build a rudimentary highway and train system for easier transport of goods between Europe and Asia is in the planning stages.
The Kingdom of Muscovy, centered around Moscow, and the Leningrad Commune, centered around St. Petersburg, is formed.
Lower Egyptian scouts come across the Theocratic Republic of Abysinnia, in what was formerly Ethiopia. Tensions due to religious difference almost immediately follow.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: Prime Minister Shinikami continues to grow in popularity thanks to the successful talks in Taiwan. Riding off this newfound support, the TYSDF is sent towards Aizuwakamatsu and Takasaki to forcefully integrate both nations into the country as well as their surrounding areas [Mod Response Needed]. This forces the Diet, although many unwillingly, to pass the 'New Deal': A series of economic, military and political reforms to take effect by 2076. First and foremost, the Diet will be split into the Lower and Upper Diet (the current Diet occupying the higher house) while the Lower Diet will be elected in the next year. Limited conscription for males 18 years and older begins, but if one has achieved employment or other works it is not necessary. The economic landscape, to accompany increasing amounts of startups, opens the First Bank of Kawasaki to better manage and control financial activity, as well as the setting up of a separate Ministry of Finance from the Ministry of Industry. This is also helped by the creation of the Equitable Equality Bill, which creates a Denmark-like education system and Finnish homelessness reduction system so as to increase overall productivity and decrease the wage gap. The country begins translating manuals, signs and other material into four main languages: Japanese, Traditional Chinese, English and Korean. Another few ships are completed, the TYNSDF now possessing fifteen corvettes, nine destroyers, and six helicopter destroyers, all of which are manned by aircraft of the appropriate type. The Type 63A2, as well as its special revision 63K for special operations, starts to be put into service. The Type 10A2 is put into manufacturing as the country braces for a period of rapid economic and political change. We send a deal to the Union of Korea to supply their military, as we do the People's Federation of China, with ammunition and ships, in exchange for mutual protection and economic free-trade [Mod Response Needed].
- Mod Response: Tokyo-Yokohaman troops overrun both nations, however, insurgent guerilla groups made by the remaining armies of both nations begin viciously attacking Tokyo-Yokohama forces, and the diplomatic reputation of the country within the Japanese Union is greatly tarnished. The Union of Korea and People’s Federation of China agree to the deal, however, the other members of the Japanese Union are even more angered, with most of them having already declared support for the Amurian Comfederation.
- Republic of Ezo: As Urup island continues to be consolidated; some focus is given to Sakhalin again, with some expansion made a bit further into the Anivsky District and Korsakovsky District. Diplomats are sent to Nevelsk; and offers to establish diplomatic relations and a trade agreement. They are also offered aid in gaining control over all of Nevelsky District [Mod Response] Meanwhile, the government declares support for the Amurian Confederation, and sends some supplies towards their war effort. The government also sends 230 military personnel as well; but apologises in advance as the government can't really afford to send more, due to the military being small overall. In the government, a few new holidays are established based on Russian/Orthodox traditions; with Xmas on the 7th January, Tatiana Day, and Cultural Worker Day being established and extending New Year's Day to extend from January 1 to January 5th; becoming New Year's holiday. The government begins promoting an Hokkaidan identity among the Japanese residents; to further distance themselves from the rest of Japan and especially Tokyo-Yokohama. Meanwhile Ezoan is officially defined as being a citizen of Ezo; and covers all of the people who live in the nation such as Hokkaidans, Ainu, and Russians, the three major ethnic groups. The Tokachi–Obihiro Airport is officially reopened.
- Mod Response: The people at Nevelsk agree to the offer.
- Florida: Monica, once again is expanding more life qualities to the average person living in the New Florida Republic, as Emma Kony is expressing a lot of delight at the peace deals the French and the Swiss had to end the crooked tensions. The United Nations, not as planned as before, becomes disbanded by the Floridian diplomacy. However, the diplomacy and the vice president is concerned about the Slavic war going on, and decide to send 500 troops to settle a agreement between the Slavs and the nations involved [Mod Response]. The president is disappointed with the American response, and contacted America to stop these traitorous decisions [Mod Response]. The president asks some other tribal American nations to join a peace-keeping alliance and a trade route in exchange for extra protection against aggressive American forces [Mod Response].
- Mod Response: The Slavic Horde massacres a majority of Floridian troops sent to settle an 'agreement'. The United States continues to maintain that Florida is part of its territory, and threatens that when 'the United States are reformed, you shall lose your status as a state'. Other American nations, attracted by Florida's newfound wealth, agrees to the terms of the trade route and alliance.
- New York Republic: Industries begin to be re-build. Seeing as New York City has been long devastated, Utica is the capital for now. Seeing as times have changed, some harsher measures are done to control law and order. Littering on the ground is sentencable to 3 minor shocks from a cattle prod. This greatly reduces litering, but is unpopular at first. Also, Vacant houses left abandoned are given to the homeless. Basic sanitation is upgraded in these houses. This proves to be effective in dealing with the "nuke town" (slum) issue, but still much work is needed. Meanwhile more coast along the great lakes is claimed, President John A Crosby offers citizens protection from "Rouge Warlords," and setting infrastructure in their lands looted by them. (mod response on how they take the offer plz) Also, the Yellow State below us is offered to unite, though as a federal structure with autonomy, and in return "smart" technologies will be introduced, employment oppurtunities, and reconstruction of "shambled infrastructure." (MOD RESPONSE PLZ) Reports are heard about a nationalist expansionist power seeking to reunify the United States, so 25 troops are sent on a scouting mission.
- Mod Response: The Rouge Warlords continue raiding New York, albeit at a smaller scale. The Tribal Federation of Vermont-Albany (the yellow nation you were referring to) agrees to join if granted autonomy.
- New York Response: Autonomy is granted, and as early act of goodwill says the current system of Vermont Albany will be integrated, and a shoe factory is opened up, as well as several Mini Clinics built from converted abandoned houses.
- Legion of California: A late response, but we agree to open an embassy in Tokyo and vice versa. We strengthen our defenses on the north, and begin to integrate the towns and cities we have just absorbed. Most of the new fertile land is turned into farms, being sold cheaply, and the Californian dollar is pegged to the price of water (1 Californian dollar is 1 liter of water), and hope this will stabilize the currency, as water prices have remained stable. Power is brought back to all government and military installations, as power plants in industrial parts of Los Angeles are brought back online. With San Diego nothing but shambles, we quickly send troops to claim the place.
The Slavic Horde has taken enough European New Silk Road ports that they have a huge stake of the European economy. Sadly, they have not been very receptive to trade, as they routinely murder merchants and take their gold. Due to this, a severe economic depression hits the continent (except for the Horde itself) and revolts happen in many parts of Europe, especially richer places like Switzerland and Venice. Meanwhile, Budapest falls to the Horde.
With Tokyo-Yokohama declaring support for the PFC and the Union of Korea, and Ezo declaring support for the Amurian Confederation, a cold war in Asia ensues. In the actual conflict itself, the Amurian Confederation has made gains in northwestern Korea, but is counterbalanced by the Union of Korea advancing into the inland portions of Amuria, and attacking Vladivostok.
A huge earthquake off the coast of Japan causes severe flooding in Japan, especially near Tokyo and Kochi. Hokkaido is mostly unaffected.
A very powerful dynasty in Istanbul emerges, controlling most trade in and out of the Black Sea. It quickly absorbs the remains of the now-collapsed Turkish Confederation and becomes the largest player in the New Silk Road.
Problems emerge in the "Gulfnet", inecluding very inefficient security systems (and lack of replacements to systems found in HTTP), causing malware and viruses to flood people's computers. Frequent blackouts of the Gulfnet also occur.
Blackouts strike Southern California, and most power in the California Legion is knocked out, increasing power in the US government.
- Florida: The diplomacy expresses very deep disappointment at the United States with the response for expansion across these nations. The diplomats began to progress to keep the international world into peace and prosperty. Sandra Monica, stepping down from president due to elucidated explanations of how she can't hold the position anymore. Three candidates, the Republican candidate Alex Guneda (Age: 19), the Democratic candidate Thomas Faudi (Age: 23) and Libertarian candidate Sophia Marron (Age: 25) [Mod Response]. The diplomats contact the Slavic Horde to stop these decisions, as they are seen as harmful to peace keeping [Mod Response]. Florida sincerely hopes the world can achieve global peace and not be a huge war zone of broken political promises and wars to end humanity, hence the global population. The diplomats reach to the Yucatan to fix these issues of the Gulfnet, as well as Puerto Rico [Mod Response/Yucatan and Puerto Rico Response].
- Mod Response: The Slavic Horde massacres all but one of the diplomats; the remaining diplomat is blinded and sent back to Florida with a note written in Polish. This note translates to: “Only cowards want peace. We will not stop until the world falls under us, and all bow down to the might of the Slavs”. In the Florida elections, Alex Guneda wins by a small margin, due to his promises of “Making Florida Great Again”, and his policy of military opposition to imperialist nations, istead of a more diplomatic approach, which has failed. All participating nations in the Gulfnet pledge to look into the matter and fix these issues accordingly.
- Yucatec Response: We are currently looking into the matter, and hope to get the Gulfnet working better soon.
- Republic of Nebraska: Hearing of the news of the US government striking Nevada, we continue to slowly build or salvage more military equipment that can be used. A large bunker in Omaha, disguised as a slum building, is completed, stocked up with several supplies and defense. The first tallest building in the Midwest area since the war is completed, called the Omaha Trust Building that is 10 stories high. We also propose to collaborate with Yucatan in order to connect with the Gulf Net [Yucatan response] .
- Yucatec Response: We agree, provided that Nebraska provide some resources to fix the issues regarding the Gulfnet.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: The weakened earthquake resistant buildings from the previous incident shake more but barely hold on. The floods reach Chiba and some parts of Tokyo, with the rest remaining relatively unscathed. Following this, the 3rd Infrastructure Bill, which had been used by opposition parties as a bargaining point, is passed, to reinforce buildings across the region as rebuilding and rescue operations occur in affected areas. Food, water, and electricity are supplied to newly-integrated areas as they are put under slightly more intense patrol by Police forces so as to prevent attacks on civilians. The TYSDF is broken off into two main divisions in Japan - Advance Force A and B - so as to better utilise the full might of the army. Advance Force A remains in newly-integrated Takasaki and Aizuwakamatsu and expands to nearby Kitakata and Inawashiro while B is sent to occupy in-between Nasushiobara and Koriyama [Mod Response Needed]. Prime Minister Shinikami visits Aizuwakamatsu and declares that 'no one's identity will be suppressed, no one's rights will be forsaken, this new country will be as safe as the one that came before it' in an attempt to pacify rebel groups. We continue to supply the PFC and UK(Union of Korea) with military aid as 5,000 trained veterans of the now 84,000-man strong TYSDF are sent to assist the UK with taking back Northwest Korea. The hastening of vehicle-building kicks into full swing as civilian industries who build military equipment are subsidised, while the TYASDF begins building aircraft manufacturing sites around Saitama. Foreign traders and merchants in Europe who cannot find work or jobs are strongly encouraged to trade here, where the completion of all ports and the creation of start-up initiatives.
- Mod Response: The occupation succeeds.
- Republic of Ezo: The government begins to aid Nevelsk in gaining control over all of former Nevelsky District, as offered. Meanwhile, the government begins to expand the budget for the military; and the military is expanded from 2,000 to 3,870, and training begins for all the new recruits. A new small military ship also begins construction. Despite this, focus continues more towards infrastructure and transportation, among other things. The government continues to support the Amurian Confederation with supplies, but refrains from sending more military personnel despite expansion due to its small size. Urup island is fully annexed and added as a Prefecture by the end of the year.
- New York Republic: Colonel Matt Reagan reports the United States expansionism. This causes a fair amount of fear, so the President addresses the crown. "Many years ago, a nation called the Confederate States of America once existed. It is now gone, a hallmark of treason. Many still loved it, though recognized it was only to exist in the history books. Yet some radicals 50 years ago sought to restore it. We face another problem now. I loved America, I loved my country, but the time for it has passed. The United States was in the past, New York is today. Much of our country is not even habitable. It simply will not make economic sense trying to unify the states and dying of radiation unifying many dead zones. However, should they attack us, I stand with you my citizens, for our ancestors are the ones who defeated Hitler's demogaugory, and shall defeat this demogaugoury." Loud cheers explode at this speech. Meanwhile, we try to advance west, to reclaim coastline to establish a port. It should take a while. (mod response on coastal reclamation). Meanwhile thugs wearing American Flags Capes, naming themselves the "rangers" beat up latino and minorities, blaming them for Americas downfall, and pledging loyalty to the restored US. Some are arrested and sent to de-radicalization therapy, ones with criminal offenses generally community service, but worse if physical, and a "American Scare" occurs in public.
- Mod Response: The colonists expand south, towards the once-great New York City, and take most of the Hudson Valley down to Poughkeepsie.
- Yucatan: Reimplementation of some components of the HTTP in the Gulfnet commence, and encryption of files is reintroduced as well. Any known virusmakers will also face up to 5 years jail time. These efforts are made to increase security and useability of the Gulfnet. However, this has not prevented a decline in number of websites, as the few banking systems and sensitive government archives on the Gulfnet are removed from the Gulfnet temporarily, to protect them from viruses, malware, and malicious intent. Meanwhile, urban renewal and slum removal begins, with an entirely new district in the north suburbs of Cancun, called Nuevo Renacimiento (Spanish for New Renaissance), being planned around the Mall of Yucatan, and will house both the rich and the poor. This new development is intended to improve the standards of living for all people, and the housing development will feature classic Latin American architecture, as found in historic prewar cities like Havana and Mexico City. Emphasis will be made on safety, connectivity, public transport options, ease of social interaction, pleasantness, and affordability, and it is hoped that this project will be the guideline for more projects like this. The Nuevo Renacimiento project is expected to house around 12,000 people in total, and will be completed by 2080. Cancun and Mérida have also made proposals for a metro line, although it is not expected to be built yet due to financial reasons. European countries cut off from the New Silk Road are encouraged to go through Yucatan instead for trade with Asia, as we border both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
The death of Piotr Laczowski, the leader of the Slavic Horde, while on a campaign in Northern France, sees the realm divided amongst his five sons. The Slavic Horde itself is reduced to it’s old territories in Poland and Belarus, and is rechristened as Greater Slavia, while 4 other kingdoms arise in the newly-conquered territory: Niemcy in northern Germany, Niskija in the Benelux region, Poludnioweia in southern Germany and Austria, and Wegry in what used to be Hungary. These nations have already proven to be expansionist, although not as brutal as the Slavic Horde, as campaigns in the Balkans and Northern France resume. Denmark also breaks free from the yoke of the Slavs.
Lower Egypt prospers greatly, with the conflicts in Europe choking the European land routes, directing most European trade into Cairo. This adds up to the already sizeable amount of wealth accumulated from being the African nations’ link to the New Silk Road, and causes Egypt to undergo a similar economic boom as experienced by Japan at the time of the rediscovery of the Americas.
The United States expands north into Oregon. Meanwhile, due to the power shortages in the California Legion, US expansion in Southern California is facilitated, and the northern fringes of the nation are captured.
Due to hostile nations blocking westward access to the New Silk Road, Western European nations are looking towards the Americas for reconnection with Asia. Nations such as Ireland and Portugal have now established trading posts along the old US Interstate highway system, and have managed to reach the Ezo port of Attu via going through North America. Nations to benefit from this include New York, Nebraska, and Cascadia.
The Union of Korea has begun pushing deep into Amurian territory, having Vladivostok under siege and advancing within 200 kilometers of the Amurian capital of Terney, however, the Amurian troops inside the Korean Peninsula encounter little resistance due to most of the troops being concentrated on the front lines, allowing them to capture large chunks of former North Korea. However, due to Amuria’s lack of support on the regional stage, many predict that the Union of Korea will ultimately win the war.
- New York: A bomb explodes, killing President Juan Otero. Jonathan Swindle takes over presidential duties. The group, Nationalist Front for Liberation of the United States, takes responsibility. This puts the state in a dilemma. Many suspect purging the American sympathizers entirely will violate the sacred New York Constitution, so only the four attackers are charged, and are given only 8 years. This leads to outrage, calling for President Jonathan Swindle to resign for surrendering to terror and fascism. Mass protests peacefully occur, and with rumors of corruption, links the the United States, and embezzlement, Jonathan Swindle retreats in his palace wit his Presidential Guard...
- Mayn: Under Bangor, a new state rises in Maine. The state, now known as "Mayn", holds a southern portion of what used to be Hancock County, Bangor, and most of the Penobscot Bay. Newly elected President Smith announces plans for modernizing infrastructure in major cities such as Bangor, Camden, Ellsworth, and Bar Harbor. In other news, longtime Orono chain Pat's Pizza begins more expanding from 10 restaurants to around 20. Under the Mayn Ministry of Sports, the MBL (Mayn Baseball League) and MHL (Mayn Handegg League). The Camden baseball team adopts the name "Red Sox", while the Bangor handegg/football team adopts the name "Patriots". President Smith also orders the creation of an expedition team southwest to what may be still Rockland. [Mod Response Needed Plz]
- Mod Response: The expedition finds small pockets of isolated settlements in Rockland, with no fixed leader. Merchant groups have set up several small coastal posts but there is no major state or government.
- Mayn Response: We offer to annex them - giving them full rights and equal power in the Mayn Parliament, as any other part of Mayn. We also make an ultimatum that we will let the merchant groups continue on as long as they pay a small tax (around 5%) of their fortune to the government.
- Republic of Ezo: The government, after some debate, decides to send 300 more military personnel to aid the Amurian Confederation. The Russian Orthodox Church, thanks to Florida's help, is finally completed in Asahikawa, and is opened. Expansion continues further in Sakhalin in the former Anivsky District and Korsakovsky Districts; and plans are made in the government to soon split up the Prefecture of Anivsky-Korsakovsky into two. Meanwhile several more towns in Hokkaido begin to have Russian signs added along to the Ainu and Japanese signs; and several cities and towns also begin to make Russian names official alongside both the Ainu and Japanese names. In the elections, Honami Funakoshi is narrowly re-elected for a second term.
- Egypt: Farouk III is king. The wealth from the economic boom in Egypt is partly used to expand the military, which is raised to 35,000 men. Out of those, 30,000 troops are in the Royal Army, another 2,500 are in the Royal Guard, 2,000 are in the Royal Egyptian Navy, and 500 are preparing the creation of a Royal Egyptian Air Force. Aircraft are being renovated at the Cairo International Airport. Money is spent on further development of aircraft technology. Troops are deployed to the Upper Nile region to defend against possible Abyssinian incursions. T-64 tanks and IFVs are sent there. Meanwhile, the population continues to grow from both expansion and increased birth rates. The standard of living goes up for the average people. Railroads are built to facilitate trade and travel along the New Silk Road in North Africa and the Levant, with Cairo becoming the transportation hub. Railways going east from the capital go over the Suez Canal and into the Sinai. A north-south line runs from the Nile Delta (the inhabitable parts of it) and the Mediterranean cost, to the Egyptian capital, and south along the Nile coast to Aswan and the Sudanese lands beyond. This further encourages economic growth and prosperity. Prime Minister al-Hashimi accepts a suggestion from King Farouk for a new infrastructure spending program to further improve urban zones as well as settlements in the Egyptian Desert. Colonization of sparsely populated areas is encouraged by the government.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: With our own local campaigns over as of now, parts of the TYSDF become part of a peace-keeping force in the newly-integrated areas. Aizuwakamatsu and Takasaki hold their first elections for representatives in the Diets as the electrification of both areas begins, while supplies are sent to civilians in other areas. The 135-member Upper Diet gains 15 new members, while the 215-member Lower Diet gains another 25. The Yamato, Nobita, Koriyama and Mirai, with thirteen corvettes, are sent to Nigata to occupy the Western Japanese city, while Advance Force B, now the only active military force, moves towards Yuzawa and Hinoemata to take the mountainous cities [Mod Response Needed]. In addition, the second half of Advance Force A (12,000 men) is sent to the Union of Korea to continue assisting with their war effort, while six destroyers and ten corvettes are sent to assist the UK through shelling coastal military targets of Amuria. In a public spat, Takahashi (still active in public life) denounces Shinikami, which causes him to drop significantly in popularity. A series of death threats sent to him are condemned by the government, which puts him under special protection, but at the end of November, he leaves the country for Hawaii. The opposition parties, which have until now been loosely united, form two major parties, the Democratic Party of Japan and the Progressive Liberal Party.
- Mod Response: These areas surrender quickly.
- Switzerland: Sonic weapons are deployed along the Northern Border of the Swiss and Austrian Alps. Large concentrated high frequency speakers begin broadcasting piercing sound onto the valley on the German side to encourage Slavic settlers to move away from the Swiss and Austrian border. Tactical units deploy directed sound weapons against civilians attempting to force their way into the border. Live fire is used to beat back Slavic military units. Artillery and air power is used as well and constant surveillance plus air power is used to prevent the construction of any new artillery and anti-air guns by the Slavs. This limits them to simple ground weaponry. Meanwhile, new trade routes have been established with the Silk Road via Swiss allies in South Italy and Egypt. This quells internal unrest and life returns to normal. Via France and Gibraltar, new trade routes have been established with the American East Coast, especially along the North-Eastern portions as trade was previously already established with Florida. Meanwhile, a new diplomatic entourage is sent to the Northern Italian states to reestablish friendly ties. [Mod Responses]
- Mod Response: Most of the Northern Italian states are open to reestablishing ties, with one or two declining.
- Florida: The nation begins to construct 12 new tanks, while expanding the military size to around 29,890 men ready to fight in case a war breaks loose, either from the American renegades in the North American continent, to the iniquitous Slavic Horde that shows total threat to the European nations. The president, Alex Guneda, elucidates the explanation of his plan to end the Slavic Horde's renegaded actions towards the European continent. [Secret] The plans for the diplomats and the military are to build forts across the territory of Europe, in case the nation needs to stay intact with more wars and expansion [/Secret]. The diplomacy contacts a lot of European nations afraid of the Slavic Horde, for a peace keeping alliance and a military alliance, which leads to a One versus All attack on the alliance [Mod Response].
- Mod Response: The Slavic Horde, which has recently dissolved, is of no more threat to European nations, and this, coupled with the extreme distance from Europe to Florida, causes all nations to decline.
- French Republic: With trade through the New Silk Road still blocked, we ask Switzerland if we can use their established routes through Italy and Egypt [Player Response Needed]. We also wish to establish trade with Florida [Player Response Needed]. Soldiers are not pulled off the northern border however as threats still loom in the northern parts of France.
- Floridian Diplomacy: The government accepts this request as Florida is willing to inaugurate a new trading route through the nations Florida has trade routines in.
- Swiss Diplomacy: Switzerland gladly agrees.
The Slavic Horde’s successor nations see their already stalling campaigns begin to fall back as they erupt into infighting over who is the true successor to the Horde. The fall-back allows Denmark, Austria and the Low Countries to begin expanding.
The Union of Korea has all but won the Korean-Amurian War, as Vladivostok falls to a Chinese-Korean-Japanese force. Remnants of the Amurian nation either surrender to the UK or escape towards Ezo to avoid pushback from the victorious UK.
The United States’ territories begin to see some form of a revolution in itself, as the military junta-led nation slowly becomes more democratic under public pressures for the country to become as democratic as before the war. The Midwestern Congressional states that had pledged their continued allegiance to the United States begin acting under orders from the nation to expand; unlike the Western US, they are relatively peaceful in this expansion.
The Shikoku-based nation of Shinihon collapses due to lack of belief in its emperor’s legitimacy. It collapses into a two-front civil war, one for the Loyalist government and the other for Matsuyama-backed rebels.
- Florida: The nation is continuing to thrive off of trade ports and life qualities. Alex Guneda called a meeting at a conference room with other Floridian politicians, and discussed about Florida's life expansion. The approval ratings for Alex Guneda are at 78%, most of which are his rules to make Florida better again (Spoilers: He does) and his approaches of dealing with iniquitous nations like the now dissolved Slavic Horde. The president expresses satisfaction at the way the people living in the feudal ran junta becomes democratic due to public protests and not a outbreak of a revolution. The government contacts the New York Republic if they want to accept a trade deal between the nations [New York Response]. Senate elections begin because of John Kennedy's senator step-down. 3 candidates, the Republican candidate Sofia Maroon (Age: 29), the Democratic candidate Nicolas Carson (Age: 40), and the Libertarian candidate Andrew Hawking (Age: 32) [Mod Response]. The military is projected to expand to 31,000 personnel, while 6 aircraft, 3 naval submarines, and 9 tanks are currently being built by the government.
- Mod Response: Kennedy's popularity allows young and charismatic Hawking to win on promises of introducing ranked-choice voting and environmental legislation. He receives 53% of the total vote against Maroon's 13% and Carson's 34%.
- Republic of Ezo: The fall of the Amurian Confederation brings frustration and horror to the government; and pulls back all military personnel sent. Aside from trade passage; the government begins to back down for now and isolate themselves from East Asia as well as the rest of Japan. The government also welcomes all Amurians who arrive and allow them to easily settle in the nation; and also allows for them to gain citizenship if they want it. Expansion continues in Sakhalin, and begins to expand beyond the former Anivsky and Korsakovsky Districts; into the Kholmsky and Dolinsky Districts. The government continues to aid Nevelsk in gaining all of Nevelsky District; and offers them an alliance. [Mod Response] Plans begin towards both a possible renaming of the nation as well as a new flag; and begins discussion in the parliament. The military is further increased from 3,870 to 4,525, with the usual training for new recruits. The railway line from Asahikawa to Wakkanai is officially completed by mid-year and begins operation.
- Nevelsk (Mod Response): We accept the alliance to take back Nevelsky and thank Ezo sincerely for their assistance.
- Manila State: A year after the ascension of a more moderate leader of this country after the founder of this state known as Ang Presidente died, large-scale reforms and total reconstruction of surrounding territories of this state have begun as well as rebuilding our economy that almost collapsed as a result of our “expansion campaign“ years ago that leaves more than hundreds of thousands of our population were killed as a result of the usage of ‘human-wave’ tactics. In order to make reforms more effective more than ever, the leader of this state have established Manila State Grand Council to oversee the reforms, preventing large-scale corruptions and connecting our citizen to our ‘New Society’ the country wanted to (re-)built it from the ground ever since the ‘Great Fire’. Our capital city of Manila have begun its reconstruction after years of neglect by the former remnant of the Philippine Goverment we’ve overthrown decades ago. Fertile lands in the newly-acquired provinces in the north of the city were given to our population who wished to settle this newfound land away from the horrors of the past and use it to increase our fledgling supplies still experiencing as of today. Explorers and scavengers have begun trekking to the unexplored or isolated areas (we never managed to control due to flexibility and economic problems of this state) in provinces of Cavite, Batangas and Laguna and the island situated in mouth of Manila Bay known as Correigdor Island, to try and scavenge things deemed important to this state like weapons, immportant supplies, working machineries and even isolated tribes of people itself [Mod response needed] . Meanwhile, our military have entered into ‘reformation’ state despite the fact that our moderate leader promised to downplay its ‘rabid’ militarization that plagued our state itself. Our engineers of mostly Filipinos and the ‘first generation’ (a nickname for foreigners who either trapped as a tourists or settled in this country as an refugees, in which they are nationalized years ago) began to repair several communication antenna to try and communicate to the outside world we needed dearly. All in all, the state of this upstart nation is very good, for now.
- Mod Response: The expeditions find a mix of early cold war weaponry (the AKM, Colt Commando) but nothing much else. Several abandoned radar stations are found, but it is unknown as to how to now utilise them.
- New York Republic: A 'Green Bus" transportation is run, which runs of biofuel. Meanwhile, Jonathan Swindle flees to an unknown location, assumed to having died of radiation poisoning. Pedro Cortez, (ancestor of someone, wink wink,) wins the snap election. Meanwhile, expansion trying to reach coastline continues [Mod Response Needed]. The recent scandal has led to unpopularity of the restoration movement, and they turn into taboo of sorts. Pedro Cortez slags off the restored USA, saying that changing or rebranding itself will not change its inherently violent nature. Diplomacy to settlements surrounding: In exchange for loyalty, we offer to repair tattered infrastructure, as well as protection from Bandits and warlords, and to get full democratic rights in the New York Republic. [Mod Response Needed] Meanwhile, Ogdensburg–Prescott International Bridge is rebuilt for expansion into Canada. Security Cameras are installed to stop littering. The Draconian whipping for theft and littering has to continue, to keep the state clean and orderly. More public housing is open. Also Mod Response for expansion to Canada's success plz.
- Mod Response: The chaos of the Republic turns off several minor communities around West Connecticut, but New Haven and Waterbury agree to join the Republic. Attempted expansion towards the coastline is blocked thanks to a large merchant community that exists on Long Island, but the Republic is able to regain Queens and Valley Stream, giving it a larger entrance to the sea. While expansion to Canada is technically impossible thanks to the Republic's physical borders as of current, the Republic quickly expands to Syracruse and gains much of the original State of New York.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: Continued integration occurs as Prime Minister Shinikami delays the 2080 elections to 2081 to allow for Niigata to participate as well. Building begins to link up both coasts of the country by rebuilding National Route 17 and the Joban Expressway, now to be renamed the NTT High Capacity Route and the Eastern Coastal Expressway. Advance Force A is moved from its stationary position as a peace-keeping force back into a fully operational force as it is deployed to Tsuruoka and Sendai to occupy both cities and the area around them [Mod Response Needed]. In the meantime, the troops sent to assist the UK are mostly called back except for 4,000 for temporary command under the UK until 2081, and we offer a full-fledged military and economic alliance between our nations [Mod Response Needed]. Ports begin construction in Niigata while electrification continues and food begins to be supplied to the city. Plans to convert mostly unoccupied Higashiagatsuma into an agricultural town begin as well while spending to open up new government-operated Shinkansen to link up the country is put into the budget.
- Mod Response: Tsuruoka and Sendai are occupied relatively quickly. The Union of Korea accepts the alliance.
- New Russian Federation /Muscovy: The corruption in government and shortages led to the military in the state of Muscovy rising up and took control of the country and began sending out food and supplies that the old government was hiding the country has been reestablished as the New Russian Federation
- Mayn: With much of Western Maine in ruins as well as radiated, we make efforts to expand Eastward. From Bar Harbor, we send crews east as far as Jonesport. If it still stands, we would like to incorporate them into Mayn. [Mod Response Needed] We also send another crew even further east to Lubec, in hopes to also annex them. Or at least establish them as a protectorate. [Mod Response Needed] The Mayn navy is expanded from a mere 13 ships to up to 25. With the people of Rockland not having responded, we make another offer, to incorporate into Mayn under equal liberties as every other citizen. [Mod Response Needed]
- Mod Response: The residents of Jonesport do not have much to say as Mayn troops march into their city, most finding integration fine but unexciting. Lubec remains undecided. Rockland responds with a yes, most welcoming Mayn integration.
- Yucatan: In the 2078 Election, with the poorer and less educated citizens coming out in droves to support incumbent President Ramon Castro, it is expected that he will win a historic third term, however, there are those who say that Castro is expressing dictatorial tendencies by even considering the notion of a third term, and those who oppose Castro’s leftist policies. These people, who are mostly highly-educated, upper class, and of a corporate background. These people have rallied around a populistic right-winger, Jivaro Alvarez, who pledges to repeal Castro’s “socialistic” policies, and advocates expansion of the nation, giving more power to corporations, and renegotiating trade partnerships with Florida and Puerto Rico, Yucatec allies. [MOD RESPONSE ON ELECTION RESULTS] The Nuevo Renacimiento housing development has been finished, and many lower and middle income people are moving in, owing to the allure of it being in the vicinity of work areas, schools, the University of Yucatan, and the Mall of Yucatan, as well as numerous green spaces and parks, and, most importantly, artificially decreased prices. It is too early to declare this endeavor a success, but plans are already being made to build or redesign pre-existing districts to make them more attractive to people seeking to move in. Construction of the Cancun and Merida metros also begins, and 4 new malls are planned to open by 2080, including the first mall in the Chiapas Territory. Issues with the Gulfnet continue to be fixed, and the government begins financing the construction of a data server in downtown Cancun. The Gulfnet itself grows to around 12,000 sites.
- Mod Response: Alvarez loses by a thin margin, although polls show that he is still incredibly unpopular in comparison to Castro. Low election turnout is suspected in this factor.
The events in the Western United States lead to continued expansion by the Midwestern United States down towards Texas and New Mexico. They are now the largest single continguous entity in North America; and they break off from the Californian section, calling the Californian section 'a disgrace to the ideals upon which this country was founded'. Elections are scheduled for the new President.
The Slavic Horde continues to collapse as one of the four children are killed, and Denmark continues to expand into former Germany, forming the Danish-German Confederation. The Netherlands come into conflict with Belgium but easily win with superior economic and military power, taking control of the Low Countries.
Qing China begins to see instability as Amurian insurgents begin attacking the nation to no end, considering it as 'low' as the People's Federation of China.
Several of the Gulf States, most notably the ones near New Mexico, finally have their borders meet. With an agreement known as the Tripartite Gulf Pact, former Northern Mexico becomes home to three new nations completely.
A new ideology called Historical Recollection sweeps the world, as the brainchild of John C. Baines, from the New Floridian Republic. It emphasises looking towards the past for lessons as to how to move in the future. Historical Recollection begins to influence liberalism across the world, particularly in Eastern Europe, already breaking free from the Slavic Horde.
- Florida: Presidential elections happen this year with runner up Alex Guneda from the Republican party running again against the democratic candidate John C. Baines (Professor of History at the New Pensacola University), and the libertarian candidate Katie Johnson (President of the New Pensacola University). [Mod Response]. The nation is expecting to finish the 12 tanks by 2083, which will denote the 24th anniversary of the New Florida Republic's birth. Speaking of anniversary, this is the 20th year anniversary of the New Florida Republic's birth in the United States, and November 14 denotes the date of the New Florida Republic, which is colloquially known as The Dawn of Birth day, which is a new traditional holiday for many Floridians.
- Mod Response: Baines easily wins, taking 72% of the polls in an incredible landslide.
- Tokyo-Yokohama: ‘Historical Recollection’ sweeps the nation, and in particular the younger generation, who begin to use Baines’ words as a sort of role model. This influences the Lower Diet to pass the Historical Protective Bill, a piece of law that if passed in the Upper Diet next year, will allow for the restoration of historical sites, books and sources across the country. Advance Force A settles to occupy the new cities, while Advance Force B is split into a Police division and an Armoured division, the former of which begin to assist A, the latter of which moves out towards Morioka and Akita while a Naval division lands at Aomori to occupy all cities, completing the integration of Northern Honshu [Mod Response Needed]. In the meantime, continued integration of all areas continues as more supplies are needed to feed the growing population. Ports begin construction in Sendai as new radio towers are built in major cities across the nation, while we continue to expand the TYASDF's aircraft through the addition of newer, more specialised craft. A name-change is considered for the country owing to near-full control of Northern Honshu so as to be able to accurately include all parts of the country. A census is called [Mod Response Needed].
- Mod Response: With little military, Morioka and Akita come easily under Tokyo-Yokohaman hands. With most of Northern Honshu under control, your people call for a name-change, as well as a referendum. As the name "Tokyo", only represents a small portion of your country.
Tokyo-YokohamaHonshu Diplomacy: Prime Minister Shinikami agrees to a name-change, declaring the country to be the United Republics of Honshu. It is the only major change passed in the Diet this year.
- Switzerland: As friendly relations are re-established with the states of Northern Italy, the Southern Swiss Alps are slowly demilitarized. That being said, common-sense border patrol continues and any forts built continue to be maintained. Separately, military personnel and equipment are brought back from Slovenia having helped them ward off the Slavic Horde in its hay day. Some of those troops are sent to Austria - a Swiss friend and ally - to assist them in retaking the rest of their country. Meanwhile, diplomats are flown to Denmark to discuss a possible embassy [Mod Response] and to establish relations. Meanwhile, trade returns to full steam as the Swiss Merchant Fleet experiences a 120% increase in size following the cooling down of regional tensions and capital being re-diverted to trade instead of wartime production. New trade routes have been established through Arabia and a small military outpost and Swiss merchant harbour is built on the island of Gavdos to facilitate and protect Swiss merchants in the Eastern Mediterranean. In other news, the Institute for Historical Preservation sends out numerous scouting missions into Europe (particularly Eastern Europe) to locate, secure, and transport artifacts and art pieces back to Switzerland.
- Mod Response: Danish-German politicians agree to open embassies, although several outspoken figures lambast Switzerland for 'doing little to nothing about the Slavic Horde'.
- Mayn: President Smith responds to Lubec uncertainty by pointing out that we are stronger in numbers, and that our government wouldn’t interfere much in Lubecan life aside from a small tax. In return, we offer protection and funds to help strengthen Lubecan infrastructure. [Mod Response Needed] Next year is also our presidential elections, with President Smith of the Whig party (a center-left party) announcing a run for re-election. He is to go against former General Albert Tobright, of the center-right National party. From merchants from the west, we've heard reports of other American remnant states on the Atlantic coast. We send diplomatic missions to re-establish relations with said states. [New York and Floridan Diplomacy Needed]
- Floridian Diplomacy: Request accepted.
- Lubec(Mod Response): Ultimately, although you have put up a good offer, we refuse. We have begun opening up to European traders and as a valuable location for trade as of right now, we see no reason to join Mayn. Thank you for the offer regardless.
- Republic of Ezo: Anivsky-Korsakovsky is officially split into two Prefectures with the same boundaries. Expansion continues further in Sakhalin, with a few more parts of the Kholmsky and Dolinsky Districts being taken. Meanwhile, another part of small force, numbering 100, is sent to explore the Commander Islands to look for survivors. [Mod Response] Meanwhile the railway line from Asahikawa to Abashiri is the next to see the most focus as efforts continue to refurbish and repair some of the railways lines. Efforts begin to repair the plane engines, although very slowly. The military budget is once again increased a bit as plans to build another ship is made.
- Mod Response: Troops find little to no survivors, as is now per usual, but what few they find are mostly escapees from the Amurian nation.
- Cascadia: Martinez's Vice President, Michael George Birdstone Teasley of Longview is elected as the first Native American President of Cascadia. Birdstone follows Martinez's policies to the T. The military is expanded to include 170,000 active troops. With the Western U.S pacified for now, we return to our efforts to colonize Northern Washington past the mountains. We welcome trade with the Europeans. With our path now completed, we again attempt to settle all former Washington State territory past the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. (Mod response needed)
- Mod Response: Slowly but surely, Cascadian troops begin to take back Seattle, as well as Everett and Bellingham.
The Midwestern United States' expansion into Texas gives it a large coastal border as the largest contiguous entity in North America. It pledges its support to all other North American states against its Californian counterpart, and re-establishes itself as the United States of Midwestern America, stretching from Iowa to New Mexico. Its borders roughly match that of the original state borders of the United States of America.
Qing China is put under martial law as it begins cracking down on Amurian sentiments in the country, curfews and other measures put in place.
A nation in the former Saudi Arabian region declares itself the Democratic Republic of Arabia, consisting of the former Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates and Qatar. It begins to rebuild its oil industry, although the re-emerging environmentalist movement harbours worries that it will yet again restart climate change put off by the Nuclear Winter that passed decades ago.
Historical Recollection becomes the official doctrine of the Malayan-Cambodian Federation in former Malaysia and Cambodia. What is lost in this is the return of trade to the Southeast Asian region in general. The nations that benefit most from this are the Manilan state, the remaining Indonesian nation, Malaya-Cambodia, and the Kingdom of Brunei.
A series of riots and protests throughout the controlled territory of the Slavic Horde from not-so-happy slavs that have spent the last three years watching their countries collapse bring an end to the Slavic Horde as Europe knows it, ushering in three new major powers in the region: the Danish-German Confederation, Slavic Poland, and New Czechoslovakia. The remaining monarchy of the Horde either flee or are executed as War Criminals.
- Florida: There is a new and possible impending nation called the Midwestern states. As they are expanding farther, the nation begins to realize about this. Diplomats reach out to the United States of Midwestern America to discuss a meeting between the 2 nations [Mod Response] The tanks are projected to finish now, and military sizing was expanded, to prepare for a threat that could possibly lurk near them. Meanwhile, the approval ratings of John C. Baines begin to skyrocket, as his new ideology is essential to economic and life qualities growth. As that is happening, John C. Baines begins a assembly to speak out loud. A crowd of 240,000 Floridians gather around and hear the wise words of Baines (the link to the speech).
- United States of Midwestern America(Mod Response): We gladly accept the offer for a meeting. We hope to have better relations with the rest of the continent and the world at large.
- Honshu: The 2080 Elections are held, and the Diets continue to expand, ever larger, forcing the government to begin building extensions to the National Diet building. In the meantime, the members of the Diet are forced to engage in political activity at the nearby Olympic Stadium, which in itself forces the Tokyo Taiga Baseball Team to move to another nearby stadium. Prime Minister Shinikami easily wins re-election with 64% of the vote, compared to her largest competitor, Heiji Shiozaki, at only 28%. Her speech begins a wave of executive reforms to the country, starting with the establishment of a term limit of two, the changing of the Prime Minister position to the Presidential position, and others. This causes minor controversy among conservative opposition to her Ministership/Presidency. Meanwhile, a population census is held [Mod Response Needed]. The UNSDF begins offering higher wages and benefits in order to continue expanding in size. In the meantime, the NTT High Capacity Route and the Eastern Coastal Expressway are completed as newer extensions to the ECE begin, as well as the establishment of newer ports in Sendai and Niigata. A new airport in Aomori begins construction as well as the longer Western Shinkansen track, set to go from Aomori to Niigata along both a coastal and mountainous line. Two more High Capacity Routes are planned, the Sendai-Koriyama-Niigata and Aomori-Akita-Tsuruoka.
- Mod Response: The 2080 Census reports around 14.3 million people living in Honshu.
- Republic of Ezo: A few settlements begin to be established on the Commander Islands, and the Amurians there are welcomed with open arms. Meanwhile as expansion continues in Sakhalin, the Prefectures of Kholmsky and Dolinsky are established as both former oblasts continue to be absorbed. Meanwhile the railway in Southern Sakhalin begins to be restored and refurbished for easier travel; and is given second focus behind the railway from Asahikawa to Abashiri. Plans are also made to create an alternate route to go around the city of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Nevelsk is offered aid to restore their part of the railway as well. [Mod Response] In the government, environmental resolutions are passed, to promote renewable resources and plans to phrase out reliance of fossil fuels at some point; and renewable resources are invested in as well.
- Mod Response: Without a second thought, the Nevelsk Government agrees to the offer.
Amurian insurgents begin attacking the Chinese nations, capturing parts of former Heilongjiang province.
The Malayan-Cambodian Federation begins rapidly expanding into Thailand. Entering into the greater affairs of East Asia, it joins the Ezoan bloc, and actively encourages Amurian sentiments in China.
In the Pacific, Hawaii is beginning to expand , seizing Midway Island, Wake Island, and parts of Kiribati.
The California Legion falls to the newly-christened Pacific States of America, and attention is now turned onto Cascadia and the deserts of Arizona.
Europe regains land access with the New Silk Road, revitalizing the European economy.
- Florida: [Meeting] John C. Baines hopes to the Midwestern States that they can form a trade and diplomat alliance in exchange for extra Floridian protection [Mod Response]. [/Meeting]. The nation continues to thrive off of trading ports and other stuff, which allows more economies in Florida and other nations to bolster by the deals. Meanwhile, John C. Baines approval ratings continue to skyrocket a lot positively, because of the reforms he introduced. Speaking of John C. Baines, he wonders about St. Petersburg that encompasses most of the Tampa Bay area and asks for a trade and diplomat alliance (like the one Baines requested to Midwestern States). [Mod Response].
- Mod Response: The USMA agrees to the proposition, while St. Petersburg (are you sure about this name?) accepts the trade alliance and diplomatic envoy.
- New Russian Federation: The new military junta restore some democratic elements on low level positions. the government also sends food and medicine to areas the old government had denied support. the new ideology does the effect the nation as people are focused on rebuilding
- Republic of Ezo: Expansion in the Commander Islands continues, as the government focuses on bringing the entire islands under control while also giving the native population and Amurians rights as well. Attu Prefecture is also merged with the newly established Aleutsky Prefecture (which covers the Commander Islands). In Sakhalin the expansion continues, managing to take all of Kholmsky District and begin entering former Tomarinsky District. Aid is sent to Nevelsk to aid in restoration of their part of the railway. [Secret] While the government supports the Amurian sentiments; the government decides to not do anything out of fear of escalation of another war. [/Secret] Meanwhile a population census is held. [Mod Response]
- Mod Response: The population census returns 893,423 people.
- Honshu: The larger redistribution of the army around the country begins, as military forces are largely retired from peacekeeping roles and moved to newer or future bases in and around Sendai, Sado Island, and the URNSDF begins building a newer base on Oshima Island. In the meantime, limited conscription relative to the population size allows more men to be recruited in, expanding the combined URSDF to 112,000 men strong. The 2081 Consolidatory Elections occur, giving all remaining states the right to representation with the exception of Aomori, which is to occur next year. In the meantime, we pursue better relations with the new United States of Midwestern America, and send an offer for free-trade between our two countries [Mod Response Needed]. A similar offer is sent to Hawaii, whom we additionally offer support in taking more Oceanic islands [Mod Response Needed]. Research begins on developing rockets similar to those of the Apollo missions but with cost-effective and reusable fuel tanks.
- Mod Response: The USMA and Hawaii accept the offer.
- Yucatan: We wish to extend diplomatic ties and a free trade agreement to the United States of Midwestern America, and hope for a productive relationship with them [MOD RESPONSE NEEDED]. Meanwhile, we open the nation up for foreign trade, allowing foreign companies and individuals to pay half the corporate tax than domestic companies, giving them a more even advantage over the government-subsidized domestic startups. We begin setting up a train system, with the first line connecting Cancun and Merida. Urban renewal continues, with more urban developments being constructed in major cities. We send 5000 millitiamen and some law enforcement, to consolidate the lawless area between Yucatan and Guatemala [MOD RESPONSE NEEDED].
- Mod Response: The USMA accepts such requests, and offers the idea of a revived NAFTA. Due to being lawless, said areas quickly come under your control. Though around 14 people die due to retaliations from mini-cartels and gangs that have assumed power.
k, hang with me here fellow players - John Wick needs your help - jk jk, but I haven't done one of these in forever so yea... - Betar
A 6.0 Richter scale Earthquake is reported off the coast of Honshu (sorry Kuro and Seiga)
Another US successor state, the USNMI, is established in the Northern Mariana Islands.
The USMA continues its expansion, eventually establishing borders with the PSA. Tensions increase between the two nations.
The unclaimed remnants of the Slavic Horde reform, establishing the states of Lechia, Kiev (after the city which got obliterated), and Kneiphof.
Ok, thx - cheers, folks
- Republic of Ezo: Focus is given towards reconstruction of affected areas along the southern coastlines that were affected by the tsunami from the earthquake. The military sees another expansion, up to 5,728 military personnel. Meanwhile all of Dolinsky district is absorbed into the nation and expansion begins slightly in former Makarovsky District. Elections are held with Iori Kugimiya from the Democratic Party of the People succeeding Honami Funakoshi as President; and Radovan Aristarkhov becoming Prime Minister. A new nine member band known as the Wakkanai Project, makes themselves known in Ezo after having their first successful concert in Asahikawa.
Meanwhile a part of the armed forces is sent to Siberia to find John Wick and give him supplies and to help him out. [Mod Response]
- Mod Response to Joke: John Wick dies.
- Florida: A brand new city for port trading is planned to be built by this year, and is scheduled to be finished by 2092, which the city will be named New Augustine, which the building site would be located near Jacksonville, but be a important beach side city that will also be used to construct a navy. John C. Baines constructs the trade routes to St. Petersburg and the USMA, while despising the PSA, that used to be the military feudal ran nation. Meanwhile, The nation is starting to build up military strength and artillery by constructing new air-force attack jets, which are planned to finish by 2093. (Advancement to turn: The nation decides to plan on using these weapons for a case of defensive, not aggressive positioning, in which the nation will stay peaceful and neutral ).
- New Russian Federation: Finish rebuilding as the nation stabilizes and begin offer nearby independent towns protection and/or citizenship [Mod Response needed]
- Mod Response: The Federation quickly occupies deserted areas surrounding it.
- French Republic: Alexis Vandame wins the presidential election this year. He gives a patriotic speech in New Paris. Under his administration, we reach out to nearby territories to offer unification [Mod Response Needed]. Our arms industry helps boost the economy, and we begin building a battleship. Only one for now.
- Mod Response: Several territories towards former Bordeaux agree to be integrated into the Republic.
- Honshu: The quake rocks Honshu but most is all right. Infrastructure stays relatively stable, protecting much of the country from the worst of the attack. Prime Minister Shinikami institutes the new Provincial organisations of the Provincial Guard and separates them from the wider URSDF, making them a military organisation for Provincial governments to use in the event of an attack in the area, taking over the duties of the URSDF in their set region. In the meantime, the Provincial Guards of Tokyo Bay and Niigata begin expanding westward, towards Nagano and Shizuoka in order to occupy the regions [Mod Response Needed]. In the meantime, HCRs continue to be built on the East Coast, where a completion date for the Eastern High Capacity Route is set to 2085.
- Mod Response: Your forces find themselves being pushed back from Nagano while taking Shizuoka easily.
The United States of Midwestern America declare war on the Pacific States. The Battle of Paradise City occurs, netting the first victory of the war for the USMA, allowing them to push into Nevada. The President of the Midwestern States (POTMS) asks for help from across the region in pushing back the Pacific States.
Qing China finally collapses into the Republic of Northeast China and Mongolia, the latter of which continues to fight against the Amurian insurgents, the former of which issues a statement calling for peace and declaring little hatred for Amuria, welcoming Amurians to the country.
The Danish-German Confederation, Belgium-Netherlands and others form the European Trade Organisation to better facilitate trade in the region. Switzerland and the New French Republic are offered membership in the largely Western European and Scandinavian organisation.
Dedicated game developer Takahashi ‘6-2-7’ Ming-Hua, a Chinese-Japanese man living in the USMA, founds Infinity Ward, named after the former Call of Duty developer. The group re-releases Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 on PC. This sparks a debate about how pre-war items and memorabilia should be handled.
- Florida: A sudden declaration of war was created by the USMA to the PSA. The nation kindly reminds the USMA that Florida wants peace and stability and won't join the war unless if the nation is defending. Meanwhile, John C Baines continues to develop Florida economically and socially, while presidential elections are on sight for the president. Emma Kony steps from Vice President due to isolated elections, and a election is held for the Vice President today with the Democratic and Historical Recollection candidate Andrew Lopez, Republican candidate, and also a new Floridian ideology, the Peoples Peace Party, Kate Landon, and the Libertarian candidate, and son of the president, Benny Baines [Mod Response for Elections]
- Switzerland: The Swiss government gladly accepts membership into the European Trade Organisation. WIP
- Republic of Ezo: Expansion continues a bit further in Tomarinsky and Makarovsky Districts. Meanwhile the Commander Islands is fully annexed into the nation; and focus is given to the Kuril Islands as another part of the forces begin to expand further along the island chain. The first new small military ship finishes construction and a second one begins construction. The success of the Wakkanai Project sees a rise in the national music scene. Meanwhile the comic scene also emerges, with a music-based series created by Shizuko Chisaka gaining traction, and is also notable as the comic is based from an old series from the past.
Epilogue: The End of an Era
The World in 2150
To think that just 100 years ago we were reduced to pretty much scratch is absurd, but that is the truth. We’ve rebuilt modern society in the span of a lifetime. We’ve re-established functioning governments, global trade, the Internet, the United Nations, hell, we’re planning on going to the Moon again, just for kicks.
The world is whole again. Nothing will ever be the same as it was pre-War, but it is the same, just a little different. Instead of the US we have the American Union, and Europe and Asia are just a little different, but the old world is definitely there. I believe that we have passed the Age of Darkness, and we have begun to see the light again.
This heralds the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one.
...okay, but let's get serious here.
- The Pacific States of America collapsed in 2086, the USMA taking much of Nevada, while allowing the reformed Legion of California to take California and Cascadia to take Washington.
- The United Republics of Honshu continued to expand well into the late 2090s, occupying much of pre-war Japan's territory from Honshu to Okinawa. It was eventually renamed the United Republics of Japan.
- Switzerland continued to dominate in the region, and became a technological superstar. It was Switzerland that eventually turned the European Trade Organisation into the Allied European Powers in 2092, which defeated a Ukrainian-Polish coalition and brought peace to Europe for the next half century.
- The People's Federation of China devolved into a dictatorship in the late 2080s after Amurian attacks killed its leaders, leading to a revolution supported by Japan and Ezo in 2093 that established the Chinese Federation, a semi-Presidential Federal Republic that would grow to encompass much of present-day Han China.
- The East Asian Cooperation Sphere was established in 2094, which consisted of Japan, Eastern Russia and China's nations.
- The American Union was formed by the USMA, Florida, Mayn, Cascadia, Puerto Rico and New York in 2103, facilitating trade in the region.
- Yucatan continued on its path, but increasing instability due to racial tensions in Northern Mexico led to it intervening and ultimately annexing much of former Mexico, leading to it being renamed the Federal Republic of Mexico.
- Lower Egypt collapsed in 2104, leading to the AEP intervening and establishing a loose confederation of Egyptian nations.
- Japanese, Swiss and Floridian ideas swept across the world accompanied by John C. Baines' Historical Recollection, allowing these countries to cement their place in this era. These three countries, along with France, the USMA and the Chinese Federation, were ultimately able to place their cultures among those of superpowers past.
- The Fourth World War began in 2114, between the New Allies of the EACS, the AU and AEP against the New Axis of Ukraine, Poland, and Fascist Manila. The New Allies ultimately won, but at the cost of creating the largest conflict since the Third World War. One single solace remained; that no nuclear weapons were used in the course of this conflict.
Thus marks the end of Wastelands: A Map Game. You had a good run.