REMINDER: NONE OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS WHICH ARE ABOUT TO BE SAID HERE ARE REAL AND MADE TO OFFEND ANY PARLIAMENTARY INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.
On January 16, 2016, The Ministry of Justice disclosed cases of corruption by officials and associates connected with the Labour Party, the UK political party that forms Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition, provisionally arresting several Labour officials, including, but not limited to:
- The Rt Hon Lord Falconer PC QC - Shadow Lord Chancellor and Shadow Justice Secretary
- Jon Trickett MP - Shadow Communities Secretary
- Jamie Reed MP - MP for Copeland
- Gordon Marsden MP - MP for Blackpool South
- Meg Hillier MP - MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch
- Lord Bach - Shadow Attorney General 2014-15
- The Rt Hon Lord Hain PC - MP for Neath 1991-2015, Welsh Secretary 2009-10
- Lord Campbell-Savours - MP for Workington 1979-2001
- Lord Harris - MLA for Brent and Harrow 2000-04
A week prior to the arrests, the party's leader Jeremy Corbyn had reshuffled his shadow cabinet to allegedly remove Shadow Ministers who voted in favour of air strikes in Syria, which consists of:
Near the end of January, fourteen people were indicted in connection with an investigation by the Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) and the National Executive Committee (NEC) into wire fraud, racketeering, and money laundering. Jeremy Wright, the Attorney General, simultaneously announced the unsealing of the indictments and the prior guilty pleas by four party executives and two corporations.
TO BE CONTINUED....