|‹ 2036 [[Image:|border|25px|US Presidential Election, 2040 (Populist America)]] 2044 ›|
|United States Presidential Election, 2040|
|November 6, 2040|
|Nominee||Eli Shelton||Jonathan Smith||Nathan Khosla|
|Running mate||Chelsea Clinton||Tyler Heathcote||Colleen Masterson|
- Sherman Maggard, Governor of Kentucky
- Jonathan Smith, Former Vice President
- Ariel Rubenstein, Governor of New Jersey
- Kirk Cameron, US Representative from Michigan
- Nathan Khosla, CEO of Khosla Ventures
- Colleen Masterson, US Representative from Oregon.
- Eli Shelton, 50th President of the United States
In Eli Shelton's first year, he struggled to get the country moving. He had an approval rating of 36%. After 2 years he jumped the approval rating up to 86% after his welfare bill was passed, and he dropped unemployment to 2%. He had a democratic House and Senate after the 2038 Mid-Term election. Come 2039 his approval rating went up to 88%, many Republicans even stated that they shouldn't run because of the country's approval rating. But former Governor, Vice-President, and in-state rival of Eli Shelton Jonathan Smith promised to take Shelton down. Eli Shelton had stated that, "Vice President Smith promised to take me down, I look forward to the election and seeing how it goes, although I know for sure I will be victorious, I applaud Smith's tenacity and devotion to pushing Republican initiatives into America." Shelton was widely praised across the country, leading to his landslide victory.