- Crimea is annexed by Russia after a referendum. Tensions rise even further.
- Lithuania joins the Eurozone.
- Bulgaria and Croatia join the Schengen Area.
- Russia installs anti-air missiles systems on the disputed Chishima Islands. Russia-Japan Relations grow severely worse.
- In Russia, elections are held. Dmitry Medvedev becomes President, while Vladimir Putin becomes Prime Minister. Large-scale protests break out in many cities, but are soon put to rest.
- Chinese Civil War breaks out.
- Greenland, and the Faeroe Islands joins the European Union.
- Czech Republic and Hungary joins the Eurozone.
- The Chinese Civil War ends, and the Republic of China regains control of the Mainland.
- The Korean War resumes after South Korea launches an invasion of North Korea. Two months later, North Korea falls and Korea is reunited.
- Sweden joins the Eurozone.
- Iceland joins the European Union.
- Third Russian-Japanese War takes place. First major war that saw the use of Danmaku.
- Russia is defeated, and Japan annexes all of the disputed Chishima Islands, along with the rest of Sakhalin Oblast.