- Hillary Rodham Clinton wins the Presidential election against Republican businessman Donald J. Trump in a historic landslide victory of her winning 30 states.
- The Democrats in the United States also win back the Senate and the House of Representatives, resulting in a very democratic United States for the next 4 years.
- The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria continue to make their push into Iraq, closing in on Baghdad and beginning to close in on Damascus (capital of Syria).
- The United States, NATO, and the European Union continue to give money and train the Kurdish fighters so that they can take back Syria and form Kurdistan.
- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad takes asylum in the Russian Federation. Angering NATO.
- North Korea begins shelling South Korea, causing more tensions between North and South Korea.
Science and Technology
- New York City and Philadelphia are beginning to transform into the "Cities of Tomorrow" with many construction projects being approved and beginning construction.
- Google continues to test driver less cars for the public, although the Government would need to pass legislation allowing these types of cars on the road.
- Apple releases the Apple TV is becoming very popular around the world, although being very expensive.
- The United States begins to update their military very much, announcing a new type of fighter jet to be released and used by 2020.
- Bio engineering is becoming more controversial in the genetic and scientific world, by asking the questing "Is it right to change genetics?"
Culture and Society
- The Center for Disease Control announces that the Ebola virus is no longer a threat to the world, as cases has dropped dramatically in the recent year and a half.
- Just as Ebola is slowing down in Africa, a new disease in Central America called the "Zika Virus" is beginning to spread. This disease causes birth defects to pregnant women; including very small heads on children with mothers who caught the disease while pregnant.
- Captain America: Civil War is one of the most popular movies of the year. Bringing in many people from around the world to the movie theater, this results in the movie becoming number 1 at the box office with many great reviews from many different critics.
- The famous singer Prince, dies at the age of 57, from an apparent overdose from his medical medicine, raising the question "What about the prescription medicine overdose epidemic in the world today?"
- Former First Lady Nancy Reagan dies at the age of 94.
- President-elect Hillary Rodham Clinton is inaugurated the 45th President of the United States making her the first woman president in US history.
- President Hillary Clinton announces her plan to nominate Judge Sri Srinivasan to the Supreme Court since former President Obama could not get his nomination of Merrick Garland. The vote is almost unanimous of 90 to 8, with almost no debating.
- Kurdish fighters in the Middle East are beginning to gain land in Syria with the help of NATO, while Russia and China attempt to push out all rebels from Syria and Iraq.
- Boko Haram is gaining much land in Africa, capturing Nigeria's capital of Abuja in a matter of days. They continue to push to capture the entire country of Nigeria while NATO and Russia look the other way at ISIS.
- President Hillary Clinton announces that 2,500 more troops will be sent to Syria to help Kurdish fighters continue to gain land.
- Sweden joins NATO
- Sweden declares war on ISIS, firstly beginning to invade the Libyan coast by blockading Libyan accesses to the Mediterranean Sea, along with bombing ISIS held airports, and having ground forces invade Benghazi. Along with helping escaping refuges get across to Europe.
- The United States deploy's more missile interceptors in the Pacific to protect the very anti-American North Korea.
Science and Technology
- India launches their first manned mission into low-orbit Earth. The mission is a success.
- JAXA launches their robotic SELENE-2 to a lunar mission.
- ESA's CHEOPS exoplanet-hunting satellite is launched.
- The Spacecraft Cassini-Huygens is destroyed when it is intentionally flown into Saturn's atmosphere.
- The first total eclipse will occur for the first time in the 21st century.
- Malaria vaccine brings hope to curing cancer.
- The joint Japanese-European BepiColombo Spacecraft is launched to Mercury
- NASA launches the exoplanet-seeking TESS mission.
Culture and Society
- The collection of records by the President John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Collection Act of 1992 is disclosed to the public.
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (husband of British Queen Elizabeth II) dies at the age of 96. A funeral march is held with many world leaders in attendance.
- The Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act is repealed by newly elected Democratic Governor Ray Cooper of North Carolina. This repel is praised all over the modern-world, the United Kingdom lifts it's travel warning to North Carolina.
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/28/ebola-united-states_n_5628364.html
- ↑ http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/entertainment/prince-death-up-to-speed/
- ↑ http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/06/politics/nancy-reagan-dies-obit/
- ↑ http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/15/us-strengthen-missile-defence-north-korea
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8483787.stm
- ↑ http://www.asianscientist.com/2012/07/topnews/japan-announces-selene-2-lunar-mission-2017/
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/science/across-the-universe/2012/oct/22/europe-search-habitable-planets-esa-cheops
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017#September
- ↑ http://moonblink.info/Eclipse/eclipse/2017_08_21
- ↑ http://news.ku.dk/all_news/2015/10/malaria-vaccine-provides-hope-for-a-general-cure-for-cancer/
- ↑ http://sci.esa.int/bepicolombo/47346-fact-sheet/
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017#August
- ↑ http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/faqs.html#sealed