Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Age of Renewal, dated by most historians as lasting from October 2015 to March 27th, 2094 (The Chartering of the Russian Colony Nordavia on Venus), was a period called "The Second Renaissance" of international peace, development, and tranquility. The period was known for the outlawing of fossil fuels for energy, mainstream orbital space travel, the continuing decline of religion in everyday life, and the emergence of a number of multiethnic superstates.
World War III
World War III began officially on February 1, 2014; with the North Korean invasion of South Korea. On the United Coalition side of the war was the United States of America, the Republic of China, South Korea, Japan, all states of the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, and South Africa. The Eastern Alliance, meanwhile, consisted of the Russian Federation and the entire Commonwealth of Independent States, the People's Republic of China, North Korea, Iran, Egypt, Syria, Libya, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Ultimately, at the war's conclusion, on October 27th 2015, a number of key outcomes would lead the world into the "Age of Renewal":
- Taiwan (ROC) regained control of the Chinese mainland.
- Israel granted Palestine its formal independence, and itself was re-established as a secular state.
- The Korean peninsula was reunited into a singular nation.
- The Russian Federation's authoritarian regime was humiliatingly deposed, removing and arresting President Vladimir Putin. The Republic of Russia was established formally on 1 January 2016, with new Premier Yuri Znastkoff.
- Financially destroyed nations of the European Union formed together, with the help of Switzerland, to become the United Republic of Europe.
- South Africa's annexation of Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, and Swaziland. These four nations would become four more provinces of South Africa by the end of the post-World War III restructuring period in 2020.
The New United Nations Security Council
With the political changes brought about by World War III, The United Nations Security Council was revised, without the consent of its five permenant members. Ten new nations were established as permenant members of the new United Nations Security Council:
|The Republic of Russia||1.1 billion|
|The United States of America||675 million|
|The United Republic of Europe||710 million|
|The Republic of South Africa||127 million|
|The Korean Republic||91 million|
|The Republic of China||1.7 billion|
|The United Kingdom||77 million|