Sidewinder here, welcome to my timeline!
- The year begins with Hillary Clinton taking office in the White House.
- Tensions are very high in the South China Sea due to China's artificial island building.
- Scotland holds a referendum to leave the UK and join EU as an independent nation.
- ISIS gains power in the Middle East.
- Norway commits to zero carbon emissions by 2020, while Sweden commits to zero deforestation.
- Russia begins urbanizing rural areas, and constructs a highway stretching from Moscow, running across the Bering Sea, and ending in Seattle, with permission from Canada and the U.S.
- ISIS terrorists attack Kuching, Malaysia during Chinese New Year, resulting in the deaths of 43 and damage of up to 6300 USD.
- Civil war in Belarus, with the people rising against the Belarusian dictatorship government.
- The government in El Salvador is taken over by gangs, and nearby countries experience a surge of immigrants.
- The Phillipines declare war on China over claims in the South China Sea, allied with Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Japan and South Korea. China allies itself with Vietnam and North Korea.
- The U.S. allies with the Phillipines in response to the South China Sea War.
- Latvia merges with Lithuania and Estonia via referendum to create the Unified Baltic State.
- Filipino battleships attack the artificial islands in the South China Sea, while Chinese president Xi Jinping orders air strikes on Filipino naval bases.
- Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and the Phillipines create and join the Manila Pact.
- Scotland gains independence after the referendum's results say "YES", and joins the EU as an independent nation.
- Volcanic eruption in Iceland grounds flights to Europe.
- North Korea conducts a sixth nuclear warhead test, which results in North Korea possessing more powerful nuclear weapons.
- End of Belarusian Civil War, with a democratic government put in place.
- Several naval battles in the South China Sea end in a victory by the Manila Pact, while Vietnam decides to join the Manila Pact and switch sides.
- Uprising of workers in Japan due to long working hours, leading to shorter working hours and laws limiting the length of standard working hours.
- Australia begins construction of solar farms in the Australian outback, while New Zealand begins using renewable energy sources in response to its deteriorating environment.
- The territorial conflict between Pakistan and India over Kashmir is resolved with the region becoming a new nation, Kashmir.
- The South China Sea War ends in a victory by the Manila Pact, with China seceding all extended claims on the region, allowing the South China Sea to become an international region.
- Laos, Papua New Guinea and Thailand ask to join the Manila Pact, and they are accepted.
- Hottest summer recorded so far. The UN holds a meeting in Berlin to discuss ways to combat global warming.
- ISIS attack in Berlin, targeted at the UN meeting, but is effectively stopped by German police, but not after seven civilian casualties and the destruction of the Brandenburg Gate.
- Countries across Europe begin increasing security in response to the Berlin attack.
- India holds meetings with Nepal to discuss the possibility of a merger between the two nations.
- The UBS invites Belarus to join as an autonomous state, and accepts in the light of its new government.
- El Salvador threatens nearby nations Guatamela, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Belize with war in gang-like fashion, leaving said nations considering standing united to fight El Salvador.