The 2020s are going to be a prosperous time with a high economy and very low government. The 2020s will have a revival of many 1990s trends and many 1950s trends while some of it will be a rehash of the 1980s. By the 2020s, with the rise of the Tea Party Movement, and Generation Z entering adulthood, non conservative and non traditional family values will be the norm in the 2020s. The technology of the 2020s will be improvement upon 2010s technology, with Apple, Microsoft, and Google becoming the three most worldwide recognized companies. Smartphones and social media will not have as much hype as the previous decade while other emerging technologies of the 2010s such as Virtual Reality Interfaces, drones, 3D printing, Google Home type things etc. will be more the rage. By 2027, things such as the iPhone and the iPad will be just as obsolete and cheesy as the iMac and iPod in the 2010s. DVDs and even internet music downloads will become more obsolete as streaming takes over. The internet will start becoming a part of more everyday objects instead of being confined to a computer, tablet, or smartphone. The Smart TV is the start of this trend.
- 2022: Formation of the New Soviet Union
- 2011-2020: Syrian Civil War
- Hong Kong
- Korea Republic
- United States
Music of the 2020sEdit
- 2023- A comeback of the gangsta rap era of the 1990s...revival of old school hip-hop like Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and Tupac
- 2027- Boy bands will be common
- 2020- A new form of music called Doo hop becomes common with a combination of hip-hop and doo wop, which features beatboxing, doo wooping, and breakdancing.
- 2020- Comeback of classic '50s style rock and roll.
- 2021- Grunge Music will make a comeback.
- 2025- Britpop will make a comeback.
- 2026- Post-Grunge will make a comeback.
- 2021- A brand new style of music like "Rock and Roll" will emerge in the '20s
- Electronic pop music will continue its rise.
- R&B music will make a strong comeback, starting with 2010s trap music influences and then turning into a more mature, traditional sound.
- Vocal pop and a capella will be more common.
- Country music will become more mainstream especially with the Republican take over of the 2020s.
- Jazz influences will come back in music again.
Life and Trends in the 2020sEdit
- Men and women will wear Whatever they want. With hints of fashion from the 1900's
- Combinations of tradition & unique will become trends.
- A new form of counterculture that merges the greaser, nerd, and the skater.
- Beanies will make a comeback
- A merge between the "Rachel' hairdo and the beehive will be a 2020s hairdo
- Many toys from the 50s and the 90s will come back such as Mr Potato Head, Furby, hula hoop, and wiffle balls.
- A comeback to the SUV and the soccer mom/helicopter parent
- Drive in movies will be popular especially with the rise of Web 3.0 type technology which allows you to access the internet on other appliances besides computers.
- Greaser grunge - which will result in the popularity of the rat rod. Greaser grunge merges the greaser cultures of the 1950s with the grunge of the 1990s.
- The malt shop will make a comeback along with the internet cafe with a malt shop atmosphere
- Very snazzy cars will be released in the 2020s, especially with the New Greaser Gang
- It will be the fad to sell things on the street to cars in the 2020s
- Rat rods, vintage motorcycles, dirt bikes and snowmobiles will be the rage with the new greaser counterculture
- The at home online business will take off in the 2020s. You can work out of your home along with be a house wife.
- Laser bowling and indoor swimming pool parties, especially in the wintertime, will be the rage in the 2020s.
- Moral panic, such as freak out over a couple of drawing or some nipples, will be treated as a sign of nervous breakdown or insanity & would require a psychologist.
- In addition, the 1950s teen fashion will return too in a modern sense