The 2020s are going to be a prosperous time with a high economy and very low government. The 2020s will have a revival of many 1990s trends and many 1950s trends while some of it will be a rehash of the 1980s. A slight nostalgia of the 2000s, particularly the early 2000s might occur in this decade just like the 2010s had a slight nostalgia of the early to mid 1990s. By the 2020s (when Generation Z enters adulthood), despite the resurgence of conservatism (the conservatism will more likely be more economic with deregulation and tax breaks), non-conservative and non-traditional family values will be the norm for families in the 2020s and beyond. The technology of the 2020s will be improvement upon 2010s technology, with Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google becoming the four most worldwide recognized companies (it will eventually become nicknamed "The Big Four" of tech, with other companies such as Sony and Samsung continuing to rise. Smartphones and social media will not have as much hype as the previous decade while other emerging technologies of the 2010s such as Virtual Reality Interfaces, drones, 3D printing, self driving cars, Google Home type things etc. will be more the rage. By 2027, things such as the iPhone and the iPad will be just as obsolete and cheesy as the iMac and iPod in the 2010s. DVDs and even internet music downloads will become more obsolete as streaming takes over. Many retail stores will stop selling physical CDs and DVDs all together, or have a very limited supply. This is already starting to happen with retailers such as Best Buy as of 2018. The same effect will take place with video games. This will change the face of many retailers especially in the home entertainment industry. Physical books and magazines will still be popular despite the use of eReaders, smartphones, and tablets. The internet will start becoming a part of more everyday objects instead of being confined to a computer, tablet, or smartphone. The Smart TV is the start of this trend.
Music of the 2020s
- Gangsta rap will reemerge on to the mainstream music scene, influenced by Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G., Snoop Dogg, etc.
- Trap Music and the triplet structure in rap songs reaching their peak in the late 2010's will still have a strong influence on popular music in the 2020's before slowly dying off towards the end of the decade. Trap music will eventually start having more R&B influences
- A new wave of rappers against the use of autotune will emerge, turning back to a more traditional way of rapping. The beats may return to a more traditional rap beat that was common in the 1990s and early 2000s instead of the trap influences of the 2010s.
- Songs with completely synthetic voices will emerge more and more in the charts and mainstream music.
- Boy bands will be common
- A new form of music called Doo hop becomes common with a combination of hip-hop and doo wop, which features beatboxing, doo wooping, and breakdancing.
- Comeback of classic '50s style rock and roll.
- Grunge Music will make a comeback, and post-grunge music will comeback around the later part of the 2020s.
- Britpop will make a comeback.
- A brand new style of music like "Rock and Roll" will emerge in the '20s
- Electronic pop music will continue its rise and evolve.
- R&B music will make a strong comeback, starting with 2010s trap music influences and then turning into a more mature, traditional sound.
- Vocal pop and a capella will be more common.
- Country music will become more mainstream especially with the Republican take over of the 2020s.
- Jazz influences will come back in music again.
Life and Trends in the 2020s
- Men and women will wear Whatever they want. With hints of fashion from the 1900s.
- Combinations of tradition & unique will become trends.
- A new form of counterculture that merges the greaser, nerd, and the skater.
- Beanies will make a comeback
- A merge between the "Rachel' hairdo and the beehive will be a 2020s hairdo
- Many toys from the 50s and the 90s will come back such as Mr Potato Head, Furby, hula hoop, and wiffle balls.
- A comeback to the SUV and the soccer mom/helicopter parent
- Drive in movies will be popular especially with the rise of Web 3.0 type technology which allows you to access the internet on other appliances besides computers.
- Small town America will see a new renewal as the younger generation carries on the redneck lifestyle
- Greaser grunge - which will result in the popularity of the rat rod. Greaser grunge merges the greaser cultures of the 1950s with the grunge of the 1990s.
- The malt shop will make a comeback along with the internet cafe with a malt shop atmosphere
- Very snazzy cars will be released in the 2020s, especially with the New Greaser Gang
- Hollywood will become more conservative as celebrities such as Dwayne Johnson and Kanye West headline Trump 2020 and Pence 2024 rallies
- It will be the fad to sell things on the street to cars in the 2020s
- Rat rods, vintage motorcycles, dirt bikes and snowmobiles will be the rage with the new greaser counterculture
- The at home online business will take off in the 2020s. You can work out of your home along with be a house wife.
- Laser bowling and indoor swimming pool parties, especially in the wintertime, will be the rage in the 2020s.
- Moral panic, such as freak out over a couple of drawing or some nipples, will be treated as a sign of nervous breakdown or insanity & would require a psychologist.
- In addition, the 1950s teen fashion will return too in a modern sense.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found