Christian States of America
OTL equivalent: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, NC, NE, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY
To God be the Glory
|Main Religion||Southern Baptist|
|Other Religions||Catholicism, Protestantism, Fundamentalism, LDS|
|Largest Ethnic Group||White|
|Motto||To God be the Glory|
|Governing Body||Federal Christian Republic|
|Population||145 Million (2018)|
The CSA constitution is somewhat similar to the orignal U.S. version. There are some notable differences;
|US Constitution||CSA Constitution|
|There are 2 senators per state with 6-year term and serves without term limits.||There are 4 senators per state with 8-year term and may seek re-election once.|
|Representaives are elected to a 2-year term and serves without term limits.||Representaives are elected to a 4-year term and may seek re-election three times.|
|The president is elected for a term of 4-years and serves without term limits.||The president is elected for term of 6-years and and may seek re-election once.|
|The president does not have the line-item veto.||The president has the line-item veto.|
|The Government shall establish no religion||The Government shall establish Christianity as the main religion, and only religion.|
- Christianity, and only Christianity, is to be worshiped by ALL citizens
- Movies above the PG-Rating are not allowed
- Church is to be attended by all citizens at least once a week for at least 45 minutes.
- Attendance is to be turned in using Drivers Licenses.
- Immigration, legal and illegal, is prohibited
- Homosexuality is illegal and punishable by life in prison
- Same-sex marriage is illegal and punishable by death.
- All colleges and universities must contain a chapel. In turn, all must contain the same rules as Bob Jones University.
- Although election are held, all men must vote for a Conservative candidate.
- Women are not allowed to vote.
- All citizens aged 10 and older are to pray at least three times a day. They shall record the prayer on a video camera and send or E-Mail it to the CSA Government.
- Sex before marriage is illegal and punishable by 25 years in prison.
- Bible lessons are to be conducted at least three times per week not including Sunday in households of 2 or more people. Packets must be filled out explaining the verses recited as well as the duration of the Bible study.
- Citizens must attend a Contemporary Christian concert or musical performance at least once a month.
- Women outside the house and in public must be accompanied by their husband. Any woman caught alone in public will be sentenced to public flogging.
- Bible Study is mandatory in all public and private schools for grades K-12.
- All music is banned not having to do with the Christian faith in a positive manner.
- All engaged couples must attend a Christian marriage counseling class.
- A woman who becomes pregnant must (with her husband) attend a Christian parenting class. The book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael Pearl will be heavily emphasized in these classes.
- The shooting/killing/murdering of LGBT people is legal.
- Alcohol is illegal and punishable by 5 years in prison.
- A mandatory curfew of 11:00 PM is put in place.
- Acceptance of Homosexuality is punishable by 1 year in prison.
- Women are allowed to work, but their job must be approved by the husband. They may only make $7.25 an hour or less.
- Women are required to wear a skirt or dress at all times. Failure to do so will result in public flogging.
- Sleeves are required at all times for women.
- Men are not required to wear sleeves.
- Women are NOT allowed to swim.
- Only two TV channels are to exist: Fox News and the Christian Broadcasting Network.
- Child abuse is legal as long it is done "in the name of Christianity".
With the ratification of the CSA Consitution, the CSA officially established the Christian States Armed Forces:
- Christian States Army
- Christian States Air Force
- Christian States Navy
- Christian States Marine Corps
The Christian Republican Army currently stands at around 240,000 soldiers.
The Christian Republican National Guard serves as the reserve for the armed forces and stands at around 1,900,000 men. Women are not allowed to join the military.
The CSA economy is a free-market economy based mostly small business, agriculture, and manufacturing.