Christian States of America
OTL equivalent: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, NC, NE, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY
To God be the Glory (Official)
We do NOT support religious rule or violence. This scenario is only satire. None of the statements listed below are meant to be taken seriously!
|Main Religion||Independent Fundamental Baptist|
|Other Religions||Southern Baptist, Catholicism, Protestantism, Fundamentalism, LDS|
|Largest Ethnic Group||White|
|Motto||To God be the Glory|
|Governing Body||Federal Christian Republic|
|Population||145 Million (2018)|
The CSA constitution is somewhat similar to the original U.S. version. There are notable differences:
|US Constitution||CSA Constitution|
|There are 2 senators per state with 6-year term and serves without term limits.||There are 4 senators per state with 8-year term and may seek re-election once.|
|Representaives are elected to a 2-year term and serves without term limits.||Representaives are elected to a 4-year term and may seek re-election three times.|
|The president is elected for a term of 4-years and serves without term limits.||The president is elected for term of 6-years and and may seek re-election once.|
|The president does not have the line-item veto.||The president has the line-item veto.|
|The Government shall establish no religion||The Government shall establish Christianity as the main religion, and only religion.|
- Christianity, and only Christianity, is to be worshiped by ALL citizens
- Movies above the PG-Rating are not allowed
- Church is to be attended by all citizens at least once a week for at least 45 minutes.
- Attendance is to be turned in using Drivers Licenses.
- A $500 fine and/or 3 hours of community service will be assessed for each missed church service.
- Immigration, legal and illegal, is prohibited
- Homosexuality is illegal and punishable by life in prison
- Same-sex marriage is illegal and punishable by death.
- All colleges and universities must contain a chapel. In turn, all must contain the same rules as Bob Jones University.
- Although elections are held, all men must vote for a Conservative candidate.
- Women are not allowed to vote.
- All citizens aged 10 and older are to pray at least three times a day. They shall record the prayer on a video camera and send or E-Mail it to the CSA Government.
- Sex before marriage is illegal and punishable by 25 years in prison.
- Bible lessons are to be conducted at least three times per week not including Sunday in households of 2 or more people. Packets must be filled out explaining the verses recited as well as the duration of the Bible study.
- Citizens must attend a Christian concert, Christian Fine Arts Event or Christian musical performance at least once a month.
- MUST be Traditional Hymns only
- Women outside the house and in public must be accompanied by their husband. Any woman caught alone in public will be sentenced to public flogging.
- Bible Study is mandatory in all public and private schools for grades K-12. It is also mandatory for ALL Colleges.
- All music is banned not having to do with the Christian faith in a positive manner.
- Furthermore, Christian Rock and Christian Rap are banned.
- All engaged couples must attend a Christian marriage counseling class.
- A woman who becomes pregnant must (with her husband) attend a Christian parenting class. The book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael Pearl will be heavily emphasized in these classes.
- The shooting/killing/murdering of LGBT people is legal.
- Alcohol is illegal and punishable by 5 years in prison.
- A mandatory curfew of 11:00 PM is put in place.
- Those found outside their homes after 11:00 PM will be arrested, fined $2,500 AND receive 25+ lashings (public flogging).
- Acceptance of Homosexuality is punishable by 1 year in prison AND a $10,000 fine.
- Women are allowed to work, but their job must be approved by the husband. They may only make $7.25 an hour or less.
- Women are required to wear a skirt or dress at all times. Failure to do so will result in public flogging.
- Sleeves are required at all times for women.
- Men are not required to wear sleeves.
- Women are NOT allowed to swim.
- Only two TV channels are to exist: Fox News and the Christian Broadcasting Network.
- Movie Theatres are banned
- Internet websites are banned not having to do with Positive Christianity. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are banned.
- Child abuse is legal as long it is done "in the name of Christianity" and follows the principles of To Train Up a Child.
- Young Earth Creationism beliefs are required of all CSA citizens (6,000 year old Earth). Belief in evolution will result in a $5,000 fine AND community service.
Lashing/Public Flogging Policies
Please Note: We do NOT support acts of violence. This is purely satire.
- Public Flogging can be administered by public officials, pastors, deacons, priests, police officers, judges and in some cases professors.
- Tools used for flogging can be belts, canes, plastic tubes, or boards.
- Public Lashings take place on Saturdays and Sundays, usually either right outside a church or during the church service.
- Citizens become eligible for public flogging at Age 14.
- Public Flogging sanctions can be assessed for the following infractions (some flogging sanctions can be administered in "sections" or part private/part public:
- Pre-marital Sex: 25 years prison time & 500-1,500 lashes.
- Homosexuality: Life in prison & 1,500-7,500 lashes (to be administered in a duration of NO MORE than 3 days.)
- Prayer violation (see mandatory 3x/day prayer requirement): 50-100 lashes per missed prayer.
- Bible study violation (See Household Bible Study requirement): 50-100 lashes per missed Bible Study.
- Missed Fine Arts Event/Christian Concert: $1,000 fine & 100-300 lashes.
- Music Violation: $2,500 fine & 250-400 lashes.
- Curfew Violation: 1 Night Jail Time, $2,500 fine, 25-200 lashes.
- Alcohol Consumption: 5 Years Prison Time & 250-1,000 lashes.
- Voting for a non-Conservative candidate in election: $15,000 fine & 2,000 lashes.
- Female out in public w/o husband: 1,500 lashes.
- Dress Code Violation (Male): $1,000 fine & 500 lashes
- Dress Code Violation (Female): $1,250 fine & 750 lashes
- Movie Violation: $2,500 fine & 350-600 lashes.
- Acceptance of Homosexuality: 1 Year Prison Time, $10,000 fine & 4,000 lashes.
- Obtaining a Same-Sex Marriage License outside of the CSA: 10,000 lashes (to be administered in a time block of NO MORE than 3 days) followed by beheading (Death Sentence).
- Working at an unapproved job (applies to females only): $5,000 fine & 5,000 lashes.
With the ratification of the CSA Consitution, the CSA officially established the Christian States Armed Forces:
- Christian States Army
- Christian States Air Force
- Christian States Navy
- Christian States Marine Corps
The Christian Republican Army currently stands at around 240,000 soldiers.
The Christian Republican National Guard serves as the reserve for the armed forces and stands at around 1,900,000 men. Women are not allowed to join the military.
The CSA economy is a free-market economy based mostly small business, agriculture, and manufacturing.