Christian States of America
OTL equivalent: AL, AR, GA, FL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, NE, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, WV, WY
To God be the Glory (Official)
PLEASE NOTE Edit
We do NOT support religious rule or violence. This scenario is only satire. None of the statements listed below are meant to be taken seriously!
|Main Religion||Independent Fundamental Baptist|
|Independence||March 21, 2021|
|Largest Ethnic Group||White|
|Motto||To God be the Glory|
|Governing Body||Federal Christian Republic|
|Population||150 Million (2021)|
The Christian States of America was founded in 2021 by Christian Totalitarian Party leader Arlin Horton and running-mate Shirley Phelps-Roper, after defeating both Mike Pence and Elizabeth Warren in the 2020 US Presidential Election. Horton enacted his ultimate plan immediately, creating the CSA by separating half of America from the "Liberal sodomites of the Blue States". The CSA would ultimately consist of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming. 2020 third-place finisher Mike Pence, Ben Shapiro as well as Texas Senator Ted Cruz were strong supporters in the new country, helping it achieve independence on March 21, 2021. The newly-established capital of the CSA was Pensacola, Florida. The capitol building resided on the campus of Pensacola Christian College.
CSA Presidential Cabinet 2021 Edit
|President||Arlin Horton||Founder/Former President of Pensacola Christian College|
|Vice-President||Shirley Phelps-Roper||Co-Leader of Westboro Baptist Church|
|Speaker of the House||James Dobson||Founder of "Focus on the Family"|
|Pro Tempore of Senate||Pat Robertson||Founder of the "Christian Coalition"/TV Host|
|Secretary of State||Bryan Fischer||Major figure in Holocaust denial|
|Secretary of Treasury||Mike Pence||President from 2019-2021|
|Secretary of Defense||Roger Jimenez||Pastor of Verity Baptist Church|
|Attorney General||Steven Anderson||Pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church|
|Secretary of the Interior||Joel Osteen||Evangelical preacher|
|Secretary of Agriculture||Phil Robertson||Main role in Duck Dynasty|
|Secretary of Commerce||Micah Armstrong||College campus street preacher|
|Secretary of Labor||Michael Pearl||Fundamentalist pastor/Author of To Train Up a Child|
|Heath/Human Services||Ben Carson||Conservative Doctor and Surgeon|
|Secretary of Transportation||Tim Tebow||Professional football and baseball player/Evangelist|
|Secretary of Energy||Marty Marriott||President of Maranatha Baptist University|
|Secretary of Education||Jerry Falwell Jr.||President of Liberty University|
|Veterans Affairs||Troy Shoemaker||President of Pensacola Christian College|
|Homeland Security||Ann Coulter||Conservative commentator|
|Christian S.W.A.T. Head||Steve Pettit||President of Bob Jones University|
|President of Beheadings||Richard Spencer||White Supremacist|
|President of Flogging||TBD|
*The CSA does not have a Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
The CSA constitution is somewhat similar to the original U.S. version. There are notable differences:
|US Constitution||CSA Constitution|
|There are 2 senators per state with 6-year term and serves without term limits.||There are 4 senators per state with 8-year term and may seek re-election once.|
|Representaives are elected to a 2-year term and serves without term limits.||Representaives are elected to a 4-year term and may seek re-election three times.|
|The president is elected for a term of 4-years and serves without term limits.||The president is elected for term of 6-years and has unlimited terms.|
|The Government shall establish no religion||The Government shall establish Independent Fundamental Baptism as the main religion, and only legal religion.|
- The only legal religion in the CSA is Independent Fundamental Baptism. It is to be worshiped by ALL citizens.
- Movies above the G-Rating are not allowed
- Citizens are zoned to churches (of which they must attend). They must be in attendance at ALL services during the week (job conflicts are NOT an excuse to miss a service).
- Attendance is to be turned in using Drivers Licenses.
- A $500 fine and/or 3 hours of community service will be assessed for each missed church service.
- After each service, citizens are required to take a 25-question multiple choice quiz.
- A "pass" is a 60% or above (At least 15 of the 25 answered correctly).
- If a citizen fails a test, they will receive 100 lashes for each fail the following Sunday.
- Immigration, legal and illegal, is prohibited
- Homosexuality is illegal and punishable by life in prison
- Same-sex marriage is illegal and punishable by death.
- Witchcraft is illegal and punishable by death (beheading).
- All colleges and universities must contain a chapel. In turn, all must contain the same rules as Bob Jones University.
- Although elections are held, all men must vote for a Conservative candidate.
- Women are not allowed to vote.
- All citizens aged 10 and older are to pray at least three times a day. They shall record the prayer on a video camera and send or E-Mail it to the CSA Government.
- Sex before marriage is illegal and punishable by 25 years in prison.
- Bible lessons are to be conducted at least three times per week not including Sunday in households of 2 or more people. Packets must be filled out explaining the verses recited as well as the duration of the Bible study.
- Citizens must attend a Christian concert, Christian Fine Arts Event or Christian musical performance at least once a month.
- MUST be Traditional Hymns only
- Women outside the house and in public must be accompanied by their husband. Any woman caught alone in public will be sentenced to public flogging.
- Bible Study is mandatory in all public and private schools for grades K-12. It is also mandatory for ALL Colleges.
- All music is banned except for Traditional Christian Hymns.
- All engaged couples must attend a Christian marriage counseling class.
- A woman who becomes pregnant must (with her husband) attend a Christian parenting class. The book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael Pearl will be heavily emphasized in these classes.
- The shooting/killing/murdering of LGBT people is legal.
- Alcohol is illegal and punishable by 5 years in prison.
- A mandatory curfew of 11:00 PM is put in place.
- Those found outside their homes after 11:00 PM will be arrested, fined $2,500 AND receive 25+ lashings (public flogging).
- Acceptance of Homosexuality is punishable by 1 year in prison AND a $10,000 fine.
- Women are allowed to work, but their job must be approved by the husband. They may only make $7.25 an hour or less.
- Women are required to wear a skirt or dress at all times. Failure to do so will result in public flogging.
- Sleeves are required at all times for women.
- Men are not required to wear sleeves for recreation.
- Women are NOT allowed to swim.
- Sleeves are required at all times for women.
- Men's hair length is not to reach below the collar.
- Men are not allowed to have beards, mustaches or facial hair.
- Only two TV channels are to exist: Fox News and the Christian Broadcasting Network.
- Movie Theatres are banned
- Internet websites are banned not having to do with Positive Christianity. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are banned.
- Child abuse is legal as long it is done "in the name of Christianity" and follows the principles of To Train Up a Child.
- Young Earth Creationism beliefs are required of all CSA citizens (6,000 year old Earth). Belief in evolution will result in a $5,000 fine AND community service.
- Young couples under the age of 26 and teens who wish to date must submit their plea to their representative. In the plea, they must submit their plans, where they go on the date and how long they will be out for. A signature by a parent or legal guardian is required for couples containing a party member aged 25 or under.
- Couples with a party aged 25 or under must contain a third-party chaperone.
- The chaperone must be 18 years or older.
- The legal marriage age is 28
- Couples with a party aged 25 or under must contain a third-party chaperone.
- Spectators at sporting events are required to stand for the CSA National Anthem and for prayer. Failure to do so will result in flogging and monetary fines.
- On the third full week of March, all churches are required to hold an annual Bible Conference. This is the week of what was formerly known as "Spring Break" for students. All patrons are required to attend the Bible Conference conducted by their zoned church.
- The Bible Conference duration shall last from Monday until Friday, with three separate 2-hour sessions per day. This will total up to 6 hours per day.
- Patrons are required to be in their designated church seats at least five (5) minutes before each session.
- Any patron who misses a session, or who is late to a session, will be sentenced to 500 lashes per tardy/absence.
- A 25-question multiple choice quiz will be given out to all attendees at the conclusion of that day's final session.
- Those who fail to get at least 15 of the 25 answers correct will receive 250 lashes.
Lashing/Public Flogging Policies Edit
Please Note: We do NOT support acts of violence. This is purely satire.
- Public Flogging can be administered by public officials, pastors, deacons, priests, police officers, judges and in some cases professors.
- Tools used for flogging can be belts, canes, plastic tubes, or boards.
- Public Lashings take place on Saturdays and Sundays, usually either right outside a church or during the church service.
- Citizens (male and female) become eligible for public flogging at Age 14.
- Public Flogging sanctions can be assessed for the following infractions (some flogging sanctions can be administered in "sections" or part private/part public:
- Pre-marital Sex: 25 years prison time & 500-1,500 lashes.
- Homosexuality: Life in prison & 1,500-7,500 lashes (to be administered in a duration of NO MORE than 3 days.)
- Prayer violation (see mandatory 3x/day prayer requirement): 50-100 lashes per missed prayer.
- Bible study violation (See Household Bible Study requirement): 50-100 lashes per missed Bible Study.
- Missed Fine Arts Event/Christian Concert: $1,000 fine & 100-300 lashes.
- Music Violation: $2,500 fine & 250-400 lashes.
- Curfew Violation: 1 Night Jail Time, $2,500 fine, 25-200 lashes.
- Alcohol Consumption: 5 Years Prison Time & 250-1,000 lashes.
- Voting for a non-Conservative candidate in election: $15,000 fine & 2,000 lashes.
- Female out in public w/o husband: 1,500 lashes.
- Dress Code Violation (Male): $1,000 fine & 500 lashes
- Dress Code Violation (Female): $1,250 fine & 750 lashes
- Movie Violation: $2,500 fine & 350-600 lashes.
- Acceptance of Homosexuality: 1 Year Prison Time, $10,000 fine & 4,000 lashes.
- Obtaining a Same-Sex Marriage License outside of the CSA: 10,000 lashes (to be administered in a time block of NO MORE than 3 days) followed by beheading (Death Sentence).
- Witchcraft: 12,500 lashes (to be administered in a time block of NO MORE than 3 days) followed by beheading (Death Sentence).
- Working at an unapproved job (applies to females only): $5,000 fine & 5,000 lashes.
- Unapproved date: $3,500 fine & 4,000-5,000 lashes (for each offending party)
- Approved date with no chaperone: $2,500 fine & 3,500 lashes
- Failure to stand for CSA National Anthem and prayer at sporting events: $4,000 fine & 5,000 lashes.
- Failing an "After-Church Quiz": 100 lashes
- 250 lashes for a Bible Conference Quiz Failing
- Facial hair (males) 1st Offense: Strict Warning
- 2nd Offense: $100 fine
- 3rd Offense: $250 fine & 50 lashes
- 4th Offense: $500 fine & 100 lashes
- Any further offenses will result in a $50 upcharge and extra 50 lashes per offense. For example, the 5th offense would be $550 and 150 lashes; and a 6th offense would be $600 and 200 lashes.
Christian S.W.A.T. (CSWAT) Edit
CSWAT (Christian Special Weapons and Tactics) is a police force patrolling cities and towns throughout the CSA on a 24/7 basis. Their main duty is to make sure all citizens attend all church services (and to arrest those who don't), and to keep Rock n'Roll music extinct. The President of the CSWAT is Steve Petit.
Homes are raided at random by CSWAT officers to check for contraband such as Rock Music and porn, as well as to check Bible Lesson Packets.
With the ratification of the CSA Consitution, the CSA officially established the Christian States Armed Forces:
- Christian States Army
- Christian States Air Force
- Christian States Navy
- Christian States Marine Corps
The Christian Republican Army currently stands at around 240,000 soldiers.
The Christian Republican National Guard serves as the reserve for the armed forces and stands at around 1,900,000 men. Women are not allowed to join the military.
The CSA economy is a free-market economy based mostly small business, agriculture, and manufacturing. Citizens are not subject to taxes. "Tax dollars" are made through monetary fines (listed above).