Special Note: Please note that this scenario is meant to be read as entertainment, not as an accurate prediction of the future. Also note that the viewpoints and opinions that may come across in this scenario are not necessarily the viewpoints and opinions of the author.
By the year 2030, more municipal mayors will have trained their political and leadership skills on SimCity than any other activity or extra-credit assignment in high school or university. With the increasingly feminist influence of the secular education system, SimCity will be one of the few "traditional male" activities available to students by the 2030-31 school year.
These people will have the superhuman ability to turn small towns into boom towns with almost no unemployment, thus completely employing the Earth's population with 200-300 years after the game series was first released in 1989. Farming on urban skyscraper farms and in vitro meat will also make it possible for 9 billion people to live in an interdependent metropolitan world. SimCity was created by Will Wright of Maxis, who originally created games for players like Raid on Bungeling Bay. It would go on to become the most successful Sim game, leading The Sims and SimEarth only by a narrow margin.
Sometime between 2050 and 2105, expensive university education for budding mayors will be replaced with home-based educational programs featuring a realistically modified version of SimCity on a remote Internet server. With the closure of Simcoe Composite School and Waterford District High School after the 2017-18 school year, the civics class in the other Ontario high schools got replaced by an independent study unit that teaches municipal politics through the latest version of SimCity.
Propaganda / Useful "Information" from SimCity Edit
- roads cause traffic and should be replaced by mass transit as soon as possible
- colleges help turn illiterate Sims (SimCity people) into aerospace industry employees
- libraries and museums are useful for maintaining intelligence in the masses that populate a simulated city
- all towns with over 25,000 people need a stadium to maintain their happiness; supporting a minor league baseball/soccer team
- riots are caused by a combination of warm temperatures and unemployment; lowering industry and commercial taxes help to lower unemployment
- wind turbines create electricity in areas not near waterfalls and constant sunshine
- nuclear energy comes in two formats; fission (which is already discovered) and fusion (that will become mainstream between 2040 and 2060)
- global warming is non-existent; tornados happen randomly and hurricanes happen even inland