Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
|Number of Teams (as of 2030)||32|
|Most Championships (as of 2014)||Boston Celtics (17)|
Teams (As of 2030)
|Boston Celtics||Boston Garden (1995)||Boston, MA||1946|
|New York Knicks||Madison Square Garden (1968)||New York, NY||1946|
|New York Nets****||Barclays Center (2012)||New York, NY||1967|
|Wells Fargo Center (1996)||Philadelphia, PA||1963***|
|Washington Wizards||Verizon Center (1997)||Washington, DC||1974*|
|Charlotte Hornets||Time Warner Cable Arena (2005)||Charlotte, NC||1988***|
|Atlanta Hawks||Phillips Arena (1999)||Atlanta, GA||1946|
|Orlando Magic||Amway Arena (2010)||Orlando, FL||1988|
|Miami Heat||American Airlines Arena (1999)||Miami, FL||1988|
|Indiana Pacers||Bankers Life Fieldhouse (1999)||Indianpolis, IN||1967|
|Cleveland Cavaliers||Quicken Loans Arena||Cleveland, OH||1970|
|Chicago Bulls||United Center (1995)||Chicago, IL||1966|
|Toronto Huskies****||AirCanada Center (1999)||Toronto, ON (Canada)||1995|
|Detroit Pistons||Detroit Arena (2017, Team moves in 2020)||Detroit, MI||1941|
|Milwaukee Bucks||New Bucks Arena (2019)||Milwaukee, WI||1968|
|Memphis Sounds****||FedEX Forum (2002)||Memphis, TN||2001***|
|New Orleans Pelicans||New Orlenas Arena (2002)||New Orleans, LA||2002***|
|Houston Rockets||Toyota Center (2003)||Houston, TX||1971***|
|San Antonio Spurs||AT&T Center (2003)||San Antonio, TX||1967|
|Dallas Mavericks||American Airlines Center (2001)||Dallas, TX||1980|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||Chesapeake Energy Arena (2002)||Oklahoma City, OK||2008|
|Denver Nuggets||Pepsi Center (1995)||Denver, CO||1967|
|Arizona Suns****||US Airways Center (1995)||Phoenix, AZ||1968|
|Los Angeles Clippers||Honda Center (1994)||Los Angeles, CA||1984***|
|Los Angeles Lakers||Staples Center (1999)||Los Angeles, CA||1959***|
|Golden State Warriors||Warriors Arena||Oakland, CA||1962***|
|Portland TrailBlazers||Moda Center (1995)||Portland, OR||1970|
|Minnesota Timberwolves||Target Center (1989)||Minneapolis, MN||1989|
|Utah Jazz||EnergySolutions Arena (1991)||Salt Lake City, UT||1979***|
|Sacramento Kings||Kings Arena (2017)||Sacramento, CA||1985***|
|Seattle SuperSonics||Seattle Arena (2019)||Seattle, WA||1967|
|Kentucky Colonels||KFC Yum Center (2010)||Louisville, KY||2019|
- The Philadelphia 76ers relinquished their pre-Philly history to the City of Syracuse which displays any trophies, retire numbers, etc in the Nationals Museum.
- The Charlotte Hornets are considered a continuation of the Original Hornets franchise (1988-2002) which moved to New Orleans. The Pelicans relinqushed the Charlotte Histroy in 2014.
- The Memphis Sounds relinquished their Pre-Memphis history to the City of Vancouver. The franchise became the Sounds in 2020 as part of the historical transition agreement. The Grizzles Museum is located in the Vancouver Arena.
- The Houston Rockets transfered their pre-houston history to the City of San Deigo which also holds the Clippers history from 1978-1984 in the San Deigo Basketball Trust.
- The Clippers also relinqushed the history of the Buffalo Braves and the name to the City of Buffalo, held in a trust known as the Buffalo Braves LLC.
- The Brooklyn Nets became the New York Nets in 2020
- The Phoenix Suns became the Arizona Suns in 2020
- The Utah Jazz relinquished their New Orleans History to a Trust owned by the Pelicans as well as the City of New Orleans (New Orleans Jazz LLC.). The Jazz for now, have been able to keep their name but have to relinquish it if the Pelicans want them too. The Pelicans have been unable to incorporate the Jazz records and history due to the amount of time in between the Jazz and the Hornets/Pelicans (23 years)
- The Golden State Warriors relinquished their Philadelphia History to the City of Philadelphia. The 76ers have been working on incorporating it into their franchise's history.
- The Wizards relinqushed their Baltimore history to the City of Baltimore. The City owns the rights to the history, records, as well as a variation of the uniforms and logo since Washington also used the Bullets name from 1974-1997. The History of the Chicago Zephyrs is owned by the City of Chicago. So far, the Bulls have chose not to pick up their history
- The TD Garden becomes the Boston Garden in 2020.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder relinquished the History of the Seattle SuperSonics in 2016. The team returned from what is now recgonized as an era of suspended operations sometime later.
- The Toronto Raptors Became the Toronto Huskies in 2021.
- The Seattle SuperSonics are recgonized as, the continuation of the original franchise. The Team created in 2017, is regarded as a reactivated team emerging from a 8-year peroid of suspended operations.