Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Migration is an issue that elicits heated views from all sides of the political and economic spectrum. In the 21st century, we might expect a new wave of mass migration.
There are 5 forces that may cause it:
- Huge cross-national inequalities in wages and standards of living.
- Differences in labor demand across countries.
- Population growth imbalances (aging populations of wealthy countries needing younger workers to support pension systems).
- The growing interconnectedness of the world.
- More jobs are becoming location-specific, like nurses and retail salespeople.