Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Office Information Worker Board of the Future project by Microsoft and Gartner .
- Timeframe: 2015.
- Top five predictions:
- Ubiquitous connectivity. blah blah blah blah People will be able to work virtually anyplace, at any time. Firms will support this flexibility, while employees will increasingly supply their own connected systems, blurring the line between work life and personal life.
- More natural interfaces. The user interface will become more natural, contextually intelligent and adaptive -- just better.
- Technology at home will be integrated and include all forms of entertainment. Technology's reach will extend to clothing and housewares, and personal finance will tie to the shopping experience. Consumer technology (and content) will pour into the workplace.
- Self-driven learning. Learning will be driven by the individual. Increasing job movement will lead to greater self-initiated learning through on-demand, continually available forms of education, both formal and informal. The highly dynamic workplace will drive the need for lifelong learning.
- Access to information will be smarter. Improved tools for discovering and using information will make possible a "collective intelligence," and managers will benefit by making better-informed decisions more easily.