Current Team Objectives
- Provide an overview of futurology
- Exchange ideas on the areas of the future
- Write scenarios and compile them
- Revamp the main page and other critical pages to be more attractive and conducive to starters
- Modify the 30+ articles under Timeline to form a Time Tree, and then delete said articles and modify the "Explore the Future" to reflect this change
- Label scenario pages as such
- Create templates to be added to each page in a particular topic or scenario-group to allow easy navigation between pages of said topic or scenario-group
- Obtained information from a source? If so, have you added a works cited/bibliography where appropriate?
- Uploaded concept art if necessary? If so, have you added a caption and a works cited/bibliography where appropriate?
- Used someone else's work? If so, have you made sure that permission is not necessary, or that you have obtained the permission?
- Proofread your work for grammatical and spelling errors?
- Made sure that your work is reliable, accurate, and readable?
- Checked links to see if they work, and added an article for each red (unlinked) link?
- Read your work from another perspective to ensure that you are not being biased?
- Paid attention to others' comments about your work? If so, have you made any changes as a result?
- Have you checked the above standards with the articles of other contributors? If so, have you improved the articles yourself, or left a comment?
Please read Future:Style guide to learn more about the expected final result.
Contribute to the Future
- Completed the Tutorial mentioned earlier?
- Read at least some of the articles listed above?
- Edited articles that were inappropriate, irrelevant, or superficial?
- Improved articles on which you knew more on? If so, have you added works cited/bibliographies where necessary?
- Condensed small articles (stubs) into larger ones?
- Met with fellow Future contributors at the forums?
- Written your own article? If so, have you added a link to your own article onto this page or other important page?
- Classified your article as a scenario if it only represents a possibility?
- Written a very long (more than 32kb) article? If so, have you broken it into smaller ones?
- Written multiple articles on a related topic or scenario? If so have you established a timeline for your series of articles to allow for easy surfing between them?
- Viewed nearly every article on the Future Wikia? If so, have you created a Time Tree showing Points of Divergence?
- Become an administrator of the Future Wikia? If so, have you ensured quality standards and deleted unsalvageable articles?
- Worked on establishing a parallel of one of the following projects on the Future Wikia?
- Future:Technology Tree
- Future:Transhumanist Timeline
- The Temple of the future
- ScenarioThinking.org a wiki with 200+ driving forces