At this time, the conflict had recently escalated into a world war. With the world's superpowers preparing for what they knew would be an extremely brutal conflict, Iran began expanding into CC and claimed some Saudi Arabian territory and began a failed invasion of Egypt. This was a relatively short confict, with a relatively small number of deaths compared to the last battle. The conflict did, however, end in the total collapse of the Central Caliphate.
- Dec. 1: Russia begins sending ships to the Gulf of Mexico. Iran invades the Saudi Arabian territory between Iran and CC.
- Dec. 3: After America declines Saudi Arabian requests for help, Iran takes all the territory given to Saudi Arabia.
- Dec. 6: Iran threatens CC, telling it to surrender or be invaded. CC responded by bombing Iranian troops in Rutba.
- Dec. 7. Iran invades CC.
- Dec. 10: Iran captures Hassake and Deir ez-Zur.
- Dec. 12: Iran completely solves the pollution problem in Baghdad and begins to rebuild.
- Dec. 14. Iranian planes bomb strongholds around Damascus, wiping out most of CC's defenses.
- Dec. 16: Iranian forces arrive in Damascus and begin to attack the city.
- Dec. 17: Iran takes Damascus easily from a crippled CC and extends its government's influence into former Syria.
- Dec. 19: Iran annexes CC and sends bombers into Egypt along with a small invasion force. Egypt declares war on Iran.
- Dec. 29: All Iranian forces are expelled from Egypt in an embarrassing defeat. Iran unites itself with Iraq and Syria under the name "United Islamic Caliphate" and models its geographic structure after that of the United States, referring to Iran, Iraq, and Syria as different "states" in the Caliphate.
- Dec. 30: Christie assures the American people that he will handle the situation. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, on the other hand, informs the people of Israel that that they have been abandoned by their allies and surrounded by their enemies, and that he plans to look to Australia and Europe for an alliance, as the United States is no longer trustworthy. Putin begins finalizing his invasion plans for the rest of western Europe and Scandinavia. China prepares to intervene in middle eastern conflicts, but aims to stay away from war with the United States. The United States begins a naval blockade of Russian seaports acquired from conquering the Baltic States.