What is it?
Biofeedback treatments teach people to control physiological functioning. Typically sensors, such as EEG sensors, measure key physiological variables and software translates them to a visual representation that the user can comprehend. The user then attempts to adjust the physiological variables to a desired state.
- Biofeedback can be used to find 'optimal states'. The Heart-math company offers biofeedback software that can be used to dramatically improve exam performance through training in managing the stress and anxiety.
- Lucid dreams can be initiated through biofeedback equipment that detects when someone enters REM sleep and alerts them, without waking, with a blinking LED
- Biofeedback migraine headache treatments and tension headache treatments teach people to control blood flow and muscle tension patterns which cause or start the headaches. The same site also covers: Biofeedback based urinary incontinence treatment (pelvic floor muscles) and ADHD and ADD help.
- Biofeedback used in treating epilepsy
- Brain Computer Interface - Measuring brainwaves to control computers.
- Scenario:Mind Maps - Hypothetical extrapolation of biofeedback (based on some esoteric knowledge of meditation technique).