Sustainable buildings Edit
- Inhabitat: Guangdong Green Skyscraper
- SOM Wins Design Competition for Sustainable Skyscraper in China
- Сквозь табачную башню пройдут Солнце и ветер южного Китая (RUS)
A small zero energy home was built in Oklahoma in 2006 .
Dynamic architecture Edit
The Rotating Tower is based around a concrete center core, with each floor spinning like an individual wind turbine. When all of the turbines are harnessed together the tower will not only be able to power itself, but up to ten other similarly sized buildings, too. Construction should start in Dubai in 2007.
Buildings and apartments will become morphable. And early example of "pre-high-tech morphing" can be seen in this video of Bangkok market.
Tensional integrity refers to the integrity of structures as being based on combining balanced tension and compression components. Houses build that way can distribute stress, change shape, react to changes in the environment (winds, snow, etc.) or inside (people moving, airflow and temperature changing).
Similar concept is used in "string transport" where stretched cables are embedded in suspended rails. will be cool
Other technologies Edit
- A vertical neighborhood for a segregated society - ultra-dense vertical cities
External sources Edit
- Hacking Matter (google for HackingMatterMultimediaEdition.pdf), Wil McCarthy. Chapter 7 - The Programmable City
See also Edit
- from the Future Architecture group (ref GofA):