From Ray Kurzweil's "Age of Spiritual Machines"
- There is a strong trend toward a merger of human thinking with the world of machine intelligence that the human species initially created. There is no longer any clear distinction between humans and computers.
- Most conscious entities do not have a permanent physical presence. Their intelligences are not tied to a specific computational processing unit.
- Because most information is published using standard assimilated knowledge protocols, information can be instantly understood. The goal of education, and of intelligent beings, is discovering new knowledge to learn.
- Life expectancy is no longer a viable term in relation to intelligent beings.
Obviously, while such predictions may be accurate in content, they are doomed to be rather inaccurate in timing. However, there isn't much difference whether the things described above happen by 2050 or by 2150.
- The Age of Spiritual Machines, Ray Kurzweil